1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Favorite restaurants for eating healthy...

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LV2005, Jun 22, 2020.

1. TiffyChick

TiffyChick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm an intermittent faster and for dinner (my big meal) I like to eat healthy fats, veggies and lean protein. I avoid sugar for the most part. For those of you who like to eat a bit healthier in Vegas, what are your favorite restaurants on the strip for that? Also, can you share basic price points (cheap, moderate, mildly expensive, expensive, etc.)?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. B T

B T Engineer, gambler, drinker. Order varies in Vegas.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is going to be tough. I had to take a minute to think of all the healthy options in Vegas and couldn't think of many. Harrah's has a good custom salad bowl place in the Fulton Street Food Hall. They do soups and sandwiches there also. Earl of Sandwich chain has several healthy options on their menu such as chicken wraps and salads. There are Chipotle on the strip so you can make a healthy burrito bowl to have a protein rich meal.

Sorry I could only name cheap and moderately priced locations because I usually am not caloric conscious during my trips to Vegas (I won't stick to diets if I can't cut lose on Vacations or have cheat meals). I make up for it by going back to my diet at home and I do intermediate fasten at Vegas and home which I love to do naturally. I always done this before it was a popular method so I'm glad it is becoming popular.

Wish I could give you more unique healthy Las Vegas food options.

Crossing off Paris off my to stay list and Football!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a number of restaurants that have healthy options. Wynn has a lot more vegetarian options than you see elsewhere, in general. Even Holsteins at Cosmo with the giant burgers and boozy shakes has an ahi tuna slider plate that is wonderful and a decent small meal on it's own. Add some sweet potato fries or a side salad if you want more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. B T

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did some digging and found some places that can provide healthy options. Just have to look into their menu yourself to see if worthwhile.
    Caesars: Pronto by Giada - Thursday - Sunday 6 AM - 2 PM (Quick bites)
    Harrah's: Fulton Street Food Hall - Pizza, Soups, Salads, Burgers - Individual Station Hours Vary, Daily 11 AM - 11 PM
    Harrah's: Oyster Bar - Thursday - Monday 5 PM - 10 PM (Seafood is some of my favorite healthy food)
    Harrah's: Ruth's Chris Steak House - Thursday - Monday 5 PM - 10 PM
    Linq: Nook Express - Friday - Sunday 10AM - 6PM (Quick eats)
    THE LINQ PROMENADE: Jaburritos (Sushi burritos and sushi bowls similar to poke bowl)

Now that I hear Sonya it reminds me that many of the mildly expensive restaurants will have some healthy delicious options. I'm sure more people here will have more suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. TiffyChick

TiffyChick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will definitely check out the Ahi sliders! Yummo!!!:feedme:

6. TiffyChick

TiffyChick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much for going to the trouble of finding great options! :D

7. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grand Lux in Venetian has great salads and some decent sandwiches. The roasted turkey with brie sandwich is quite tasty, and not terrible for you if you nix the mayo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Canyon Ranch Spa at V/P. Menu and prices and nutritional info is posted on V/P’s website.

10. rooster42000

rooster42000 Brady # 1

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Julian Serrano's at Aria has many small dishes ( tapas ) excellent.

11. HHFan

HHFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Estiatorio Milos ... the Greek/Middle Eastern diet and all. Or eat a lot of sashimi.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't eat healthy in Las Vegas. I eat healthy at home, and in Las Vegas it's a steady diet of Prime Rib, Oysters, Sushi, Sashimi, Steak, and oh, did I mention Red Meat?

The next trip we're eating at:

Sakana Sushi
    Bazaar Meats
    Sen of Japan
    Yellowtail
    Jerry's Nugget

oh, and there might be a salad bar in there . . . . NOT!!!!

Well, Canada and Massachusetts are closed, back to Lake Tahoe
    Oh what the heck, I've got vacation and myVegas points to burn. . . .
    • Like Like x 1
  14. B T

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of these places can offer Keto dishes. Sushi for sure if you have sashimi or a poke bowl. Bazaar Meats is healthy Keto if you stick to just the meat with not apps or sides. You can manage at most places DaiLun mentioned.

15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Calories don't count in Las Vegas! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TiffyChick

TiffyChick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I appreciate the generosity of answers from everyone! Great info! I won't be crazy strict while there, but I would like to not completely blow-up my eating habits. ;)

I'll probably enjoy a lot of sashimi. :feedme:

• Like Like x 2
  17. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you allowed to use "healthy" and "Vegas" in the same sentence? :wink2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. rm22

rm22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since i know i'm prob the healthiest one here, i mentioned what i do under the ritual post and will share with you here too what i do on my LV trips. My 2nd day there i usually make a run to Whole Foods which is at the south end of the strip. I get a variety of things that can keep me satisfied throughout each day and some meals from the prep counter too. Reason i stay at Vdara so i can get the fridge/micro to use. My last trip in Feb since i was on bodybuilding contest prep, i got a few prep meals that i heated up and ate at the end of my day on the couch. I also got a few sm bites of whatever i could get from the hot/cold bar in sm boxes for eating during the day when i came in the room for a break. Most wont want to make a Whole Foods run but if you want to continue doing the fasting, then its a good outlet. I did go to a happy hour one night and had a bev and some appetizers, that was kind of my cheat. There was a restaurant i wanted to try but did not get to called Panevino which was near that whole foods i think. It too looked like it had some good options.

Different kind of trip but doing same things
    Continuing Different Type of Trip....
    • Love Love x 1
  19. rm22

rm22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's possible if you have some goals you are trying to accomplish. Been there, done that.

Different kind of trip but doing same things
    Continuing Different Type of Trip....
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't count calories in Vegas, it is my place to eat more than I should, spend more than I should and drink more than I should. I did find out that after a year of not eating any beef or pork that the beef wellington wasn't the best idea for a cheat meal. I was sticking to chicken and veg, had that one nice meal and started feeling ill an hour later. Spent the rest of the day up in the room with the garbage can at my side. It wasn't pretty. Too much everything too quick. Now the most daring I will eat is sausage on a pizza.

I find that most restaurants in Vegas are very accomodating. If you ask for only olive oil or light oil, no butter, etc. they will comply (at least they tell you they did). I can find great chicken and very fresh veggies everywhere. It never hurts to ask. They have to cater to the masses and some of the masses are trying to eat healthier.

Hope they don't check for gambling fever....I'll be off the charts!
    • Agree Agree x 1