1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Favorite final meal before heading home

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by wesraft, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During our stay we enjoy plenty of 'must have' meals, but no specific getaway meal on flight day.
    We have a 'no buffet' rule on flight day because with buffets, you just never know..:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually leave at the crack of dawn so I end up eating crap in the airport. We eat a nice dinner the night before that serves as our last meal. It varies from trip to trip.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last night cannot be a heavy meal, so I vote for crap at the airport! Can I get a twelve dollar Sam Adams? Eighteen dollar Bloody Mary? Okay, it's not a meal yet, so twelve dollar flat bread or fifteen dollar quesadilla? Can I turn a three hour wait into a ninety dollar bar tab? Don't judge, I'd like to fly home on a happy note.

Bros are back!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are creatures of habit and have a firm routine for the first night....but we never have a tradition for the last day. Even though we stay a long time, the last day is always brutal leaving.

I guess it's a case of we look forward to a first meal tradition, but we don't have a tradition for the last meal. A traditional last meal would only highlight that it's our last day! :( (I know, I know, total big babies...)

Like Fullpay, we've even had our last meal at the airport more than once. It's more fun than sitting just waiting for the plane!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  5. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bowl of Clam Chowder, and fried calamari at the Big Sur Oyster Bar in Southpoint. Both are excellent

• Like Like x 1
  6. EugeneChoi

EugeneChoi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For most of us flying east, we have to be at the airport by 12 if we want to be home by 10pm with the time change and traffic. That usually means a quick bite at the food court or a pastry from jean phillipe. Of course, this all depends on how much sleep we got/how fun our last night was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife does not like a big meal on the day we leave so we usually split a sandwich from Earl's. I always shoot for a 2pm departure so that will tide us over until we get back home around 6:30. This last trip we took the 5pm flight out so we got a Jersey Mike's at the airport that was pretty good.

Mark

8. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm usually on the 735am back to ATL and always stop at Wendy's in the Southwest Airlines terminal and have then cook me a double combo. It's the best fast food burger I've ever had prob because it's cooked on the spot and not sitting under a broiler. Have done this for years and actually look forward to stopping by as I'm riding to the airport.

9. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am trying to perfect this. I almost always take the midnight(ish) flight home, so I need a nice spot that is open late. I might try Bardot next time. Last time I went to Morimoto, which was nice but a bit loud for my taste. Looking for something more elegant, so I can carry the good vibes into the next work week. :cool: Gotta stop these BK visits on my way out of Vegas!

10. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A big piece of Humble Pie.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No particular restaurant but in the morning flying out I like having a good breakfast, preferably with eggs and pancakes. I am willing to get up early and sit down to breakfast but too often I travel with folks who can't do the same.

12. dino_martini

dino_martini Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In n out burger, as long as I'm not too hung over to eat.

13. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In/Out is usually my third base, too.

I tend to depart in the afternoons, and have a rental car. I'm checked out before heading to the airport, so I can hit In/Out that's not off the freeway by the NYNY.

14. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last meal is lunch at Raising Cane's just before returning the rental car at the rental center. It's been a tradition for us. We fly home on Hawaiian, and they do serve dinner on board, but only my wife eats the dinner. I refuse eating food on the airplane. So I always bring a bag of chips (Fritos, it's one of my favorites) and that will serve as my dinner. We touch down in Honolulu around 10pm and I'm about ready to go to sleep when getting home, so I don't eat when we touch down.

15. RibbonCat

RibbonCat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont have a place. I'm always anxious about getting to the airport and I cant relax until I get there (any vacation not just Vegas) so I just eat at the airport.

16. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to eat something safe, prob Pancakes or waffles, we have to fly back to Boston, about 5 hours last thing i need is being gassy, :whistle:or heading to the bathroom if something doesn't settle right :stir:

17. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last night in Vegas is usually a meal at Benihana.

18. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Raising Cane's and it's often my last meal in Vegas as well!! Awesome chicken fingers!

Now they're building TWO Cane's near me! Yum!

19. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is awesome! I'm just jealous they're not building any here!

20. Hurricane

Hurricane Eat, drink, be merry and roll points

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this serious? I have so many questions. Did you make it? What time of year? How many bags? Were people (potential robbery) or cars (dangerous road crossings) your biggest threats? I love walking but I have never even considered this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.