1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Favorite Breakfast Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by siguru21, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezmoney74

ezmoney74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris is my #1, but MGM has surprised me. They have a nice omelet station and a nice mini pancake and waffle station with fruit toppings and whip cream.
    Tracim, do not go to Excalibur. It is really bad. If your bus stops near there, then I suggest MGM or Mandalay Bay.

2. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is good to hear about the MGM breakfast as my wife and I both redeemed MyVegas rewards for the breakfast buffet.

For a breakfast buffet as long as they have an omelet station and some fresh fruit I will be happy.

-Max

3. maywood11

maywood11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree about the MGM Breakfast Buffet. I was there 3 weeks ago and the breakfast selection was great and the food was also.

4. samanthaelizabeth

samanthaelizabeth Low-Roller

I am jealous! You will be there at the Mirage befor me. BOO! I cannot wait!

5. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would vote for either Aria or Bellagio, both very good. The coffee at Bellago is oh-my-god good for a buffet.

6. dianenjnj

dianenjnj Tourist

my experience has been exactly the opposite...love fremont buffet, especially the waffles...didn't like golden nugget at all!

7. sherlz

sherlz Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An undiscovered local diner is at Ellis Island! Love the breakfast and it is very reasonably priced menu.

8. hardcor4

hardcor4 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flavors at harrahs

9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay!! The Blueberry roll up pancakes!!

10. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sterling Brunch is now offered on Saturdays also.

11. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing personal but I absolutely refuse to pay more for a good dinner for breakfast..LOL!

12. scrapbooker

scrapbooker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto on Wicked Spoon

13. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always do the B of B and The Paris buffet is a must for breakfast....LOVE the crepes....YUM! I also like that they have breakfast dishes prepared differently...with a French influence. Don't go there if you just want regular scrambled eggs & bacon. The omelet station also has more / different ingredients than most places...

14. azmetfan1

azmetfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Stations have a pretty good brunch, Red Rock or Green Valley or at worst Sunset. With players card very reasonable and not a bad brunch.

15. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wicked Spoon or Paris.

Wicked Spoon: will be about $10 more expensive. It's a nicer, classier, "hipper" space as befits its location in Cosmo. Food is served (mostly) on cute single-serving plates. Service was pretty good, the coffee cup was huge but I had to find someone to get a refill. (I drink a lot of coffee.) For some reason it was hard to find--I don't know if I missed huge, obvious signs or something.

Paris: if you're landing at McCarran at 8 am, there'll be a line at Paris by the time you get there. If you have platinum status with Total Rewards you can skip most of the line. It's not as fancy as Wicked Spoon, but very good. The crepe station can have a long line, but it's worth it.

I'm in the group that claims that Bacchanal (at Caesars) is the best buffet, but I've not tried it for breakfast, it's admittedly expensive and there will be lines. If I do a breakfast/brunch buffet, often that's all I eat all day until a late-night snack, so I don't mind paying a bit for a nice experience. On the other hand, I love the $5.99 steak and eggs at Ellis Island (mentioned by an earlier poster).

16. keishashadow

keishashadow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    using rewards/comps I've selected these breakfast buffets: MGM -weekend brunch (comps) and Mandalay Bay & More (rewards) for breakfast/lunch. We've had no major complaint w/Excalibur's basic lunch buffet (ate there last a year ago). Went with More this time after considering the two similar reward costs, hope the negative reviews I've been reading are from nit-pickers.

17. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 on Mandalay Bay and those rolled up pancakes or crepes or whatever they are. They are filled with a cream cheesy lemony kind of filling. TO. DIE. FOR. And the room is beautiful. Really enjoyed this as one of my free buffets.

18. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Add in unlimited mimosas and you can really get some value out of the MyVegas reward. We used them at MGM on our last tirp. :beer:

Giving Mandalay Bay's a try in a few weeks, along with the Border Grill brunch on the weekend.

19. imhard10

imhard10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second, third and forth for Wicked Spoon @ Cosmopolitian.

Close second is Wynn, which never disappoints either.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.