1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Family of 7... transportation options??

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by KSUSHAQ, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSUSHAQ

KSUSHAQ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to ultra low rates from our home airport to Vegas we are taking a last minute planned trip to Vegas this upcoming weekend.(flight was super cheap) We are a family of 7 ranging from a 17 year old to a 5 year old. Our plan is to stay at a friends house for the weekend out by Red Rock and then spend the rest of the time at the Delano on the strip. Considered adding a Hoover Dam trip in there if possible but was dependent upon transportation. Was going to book an SUV this morning that was available at an inflated rate but now I go to book this morning and its gone. Now I am in panic mode and not sure what to do. Uber XL will only guarantee 6 but didn't know if that exceptions could be made. Also considered just getting a limo by the hour which would be cheaper than the initial car rate but doubted they would make trips to Hoover Dam etc. Really only need transportation for the weekend since once we are on the strip we will be able to navigate through the Deuce quite easily. Just wondered if anyone out there had any suggestions?

2. eliza

eliza VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe you would need to take two UberX for a party of 7. I'd try autoslash.com, priceline.com, and kayak.com to see if you can get a reasonable rental.

And in the future remember that most rental car bookings are pay at pickup, so if you make a reservation and don't se it there are no charges. I always book whatever I see right away and then keep looking to find something better.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EXCELLENT ADVICE. autoslash has saved me lots of money.

And, as you have discovered, SUV and Mini Vans offten cost 2-3 times what a car costs.

You can always take 2 ubers or 2 taxis. 4 in one car, 3 in the other.

4. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the two Uber X options, take up to 8 people that way. No exceptions can be made, leagally, to take 7 people in a 6 passenger vehicle.

Most of the time 2 Uber X rides are cheaper than 1 Uber XL. So you're better off with 2 Uber X rides anyway.

5. KSUSHAQ

KSUSHAQ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update.....played around with rentals and found the Friday night was the big deal on availability. So plan on taking ubers to the Red Rock area and then having him deliver us back the next day to pick up the rental. Best news it is about half the price (weird). Wasn't even getting in to LAS til 9PM that night anyway. Still get to adventure through Red Rock and make a Hoover Dam trip with the rental all the way up til returning to the airport. Worked out I guess.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.