1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Family of 5 on the strip? 4 guest limit everywhere!

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by BostonJP, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to either, but think that Signature MGM, Elara, or Jockey Club could be good lodging options on the Strip.

2. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Consider Delano. All rooms are suites. Get one with 2 queens and throw a kid on the couch. Added advantage, you get access to all the Mandalay Bay pools. Oh.... and an extra half bath. Also right by walkway to Luxor and tram to Excalibur for cheap eats.

Link to room description
    https://www.delanolasvegas.com/en/hotel/queen-suite.html

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BostonJP

BostonJP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the strip those are the two hotels we were looking at (more specifically, Signature and Delano, as the non-gaming environments might be a bit quieter for the kids).

As for food I've also given some consideration to rooms with a kitchenette. One of the Hiltons (either the one behind the Flamingo or PH, or maybe even both) has a small kitchenette and dining table. This would be a great reason to get back to the room, rest, and whip together some mac and cheese without paying Gordon Ramsay prices for the exact same thing!

5. Packeral

Packeral Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a Hospitality Suite booked at the Mirage. It has 2 bedrooms. One room has a king bed the other has 2 queen beds. Might be a good option for you.

6. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was the first room that came to mind when I saw this thread. I think you can book 5 people in this room if I remember right. I just looked at it for an up coming trip.

What others have said about saying there are more than 2 in the room is true.....We just booked our upcoming trip and there are 3 of us going. If you put a 3rd person in the room the charges drastically go up a night. It was $40 a night at the place we ended up booking. I thought that was insane. If they charged an extra $5-10 (to cover the extra cost of towels or whatever) I may not thought much of it. No way was I going to pay an extra $40 a night though.

7. Tifysue

Tifysue Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recommend the Jockey Club for a family of 5. We stayed there a few years and there was plenty of space for a family of 5. We just rented from their website and it only cost us $100 per night. Its located right next to Cosmo.

8. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought of the Linq bunk room first thing too. Then I remembered that Linq pool is 21+ and you'd have to schlepp the kids to Flamingo.

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one advantage of paying for at least a 3rd person (and maybe waived if a kid?) is that you should at least get 2 beds. Room type choices are not guaranteed and if you only have two listed they might plop you in a king bed room instead. (Heck that happened to a co-worker & I in Minneapolis!).

10. Geogran

Geogran mama owl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay or Delano with 2 queens, extra half bath at Delano, Great pool, Aquarium, Food court. Easy access to Luxor/Excalibur for add'l food choices, Take the tram to Excal and walk across to NYNY; the kids would enjoy M&M Store.
    Have one adult check in and register the spouse as a guest and get an extra key. Then call housekeeping for extra towels and pillows...

Personally think the standard Linq rooms are too small for a family of five (from what I've seen when a friend stayed there). Although haven't seen an actual 'bunk' room.

Hoover Dam or Grand Canyon day trip
    Bellagio Fountains and the Conservatory are free but go early evening before the strip gets too crazy

I agree with you, downtown FSE is NOT kid friendly at the best of times.

Best of luck and hope your family has a fun time.

Home sweet home
  11. EugeneChoi

EugeneChoi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did a family of 5 trip! We wanted good pools and good food. Came up with 2 reasonable/affordable options:

1) Signature at MGM 2 Deluxe Suites (4 max guests each room).
    2) Mandalay Bay has the ONLY suite with 2 bedrooms, one with 2 queens and another with 1 king (6 max guests). This is the panoramic suite and is much cheaper than you would think. It competes closely with option 1 in price.

We ultimately went with Signature, we had 2 Deluxe Suites side by side. The way Signature works is there are 2 doors to your room. The outermost door opens up to a little 3 Square Foot entrance and this door is open by default. You share this door with the suite next door. We had both suites, so we shut the outermost door and were able to leave the private doors unlocked. The result is 2 separate rooms private from each other but easily accessible and locked from the rest of the hallway. We had parents in one room and 2 on the bed and one on the COMFORTABLE pull out mattress next door. I cannot recommend this enough. We stayed Monday - Friday and paid ~$700 per room grand total - booked direct. Mandalay Bay Panoramic Suite would have cost $1200 for the week.

12. BostonJP

BostonJP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy cannoli that's a pretty fantastic deal! I will be making a weekend trip so the prices will certainly be higher, but the room with king bed and queen pull-out sofa still prices more competitively than a 2-queen room at MGM and Mandalay Bay/Delano. I'm 95% sold on Signature anyway; my only hesitation is because several resorts off-strip offer child care services and I would like to lose my money at a blackjack table at some point.

13. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always been worried about this when booking a "guys" trip. We always book a 2 bed room but I'm always slightly freaked out that we'll arrive and be told that all they have left is a 1 bed room. We did book 2 beds one trip (the Plaza), got up to our room and there was only one lonely bed in that room. After an awkward few seconds we hurried downstairs to the desk and I told the lady jokingly "I think you have the wrong idea about us". She was able to rearrange us and get us booked into a 2 bed room thankfully.

14. EugeneChoi

EugeneChoi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't make any child care service recommendations but the private pools at Signature had several families with small children. They are quieter and are also staffed with waitresses to take your order. People definitely exaggerate the distance from Signature to the MGM. 5 minute walk would be pushing it and most of it is moving walkways.

15. BostonJP

BostonJP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OP Here -- Thanks all for the advice last week. I was on the fence for awhile due to the cost of airfare this summer but ended up finding a great deal Sunday through Wednesday at the Signature. Really we'll only have two full days there (getting into town very late Sunday, and flying out at 6:40 Wednesday!) BUT we have enough in mind to maximize those two days and possibly even do a little date night with the missus.

Thanks again for all your great suggestions here!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a fan of recommending family vacations to Las Vegas.
    I have seen far too many kids sitting around bored while I assume parents are gambling.
    Vegas is all about night clubs, parties, drinking, gambling etc. It is called Sin City for a reason.

There is a few good options for family type events for sure.
    Tournament of Kings (I highly recommend this), the arcade at Excalibur, day time comedy/magic shows, etc.. but overall unless you avoid the strip and freemont kids will see things they really should not see

17. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BostonJP... Sounds like aa good choice! Enjoy your time in Vegas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.