1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Experience vs. Youth (liveish)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by SeeUNVegas, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeeUNVegas

SeeUNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. SeeUNVegas

SeeUNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just recruited a new team experience to wear down a youth. Sing it big e![​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember when he was at Barbary Coast.

4. SeeUNVegas

SeeUNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This must be what a good Friday feels like. Still playing on this mornings winnings. Taught half the group basics of craps. Birthday girl needed me beside her as she placed her first bet. Had her just playing pass line to start until she got the feel of it. I turn my head to chat for two minutes and when I look back our little girl is making odds and place bets. Put a tear in my eye, they grow up so fast.

Found a couple of eggrolls and made my way back to cosmo. Enjoyed the whirlpool bath. Wow did the feet thank me for that. Got a hankering for sea bass so heading out to find that now probably over at the ocean place at crystals.

Birthday girls got to choose attire and venue last night. After Thunder Down Under show, which I will not be attending (the dancers complain when I go that I steal all the attention) they are to be dressed for success and meeting me here at Cosmo. I do wear this much better than pink...well it wont load so you will to trust me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds awesome! Let us know how the ocean place in crystals is, curious myself.

6. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mastro's Oceans Club is wonderful. One of our favorite restaurants, we try to hit it at least once a year. They have a great selection of fish and steaks as well. I've had their Dover sole, halibut and one other fish that I can't remember what is was, it was the special that night. Sides are huge but you can ask for a smaller portion, the smaller portion is usually big enough for 2. Save room for their warm butter cake. Food coma!

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SeeUNVegas

SeeUNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mastros was wonderful as carolineno says. Birthday girls gma and aunt joined and we had a wonderful conversation. Went for sea bass, got talked into steak and crabcake. It was awesome, but didn't save room for dessert. Reason to return!

Got them back to MC and picked up the flock. Took them to fountains and volcano. Busy on the strip last night and these little midwesterm girls saw things they only heard about on the internet. Ahhh Vegas!

They wanted to hike up to venetian to see the ceiling...on a Friday night...umm see ya.

Turned them loose and rerurned to Cosmo. Took a beating, shoul d have gone to bed, but I am sure you know what the vouce was saying after alot of kettle one...

8. SeeUNVegas

SeeUNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those keeping score, give them two points, just cause they were giving me sad eyes last night that I had them at zero.

Cabana is set for them. Just finishing up breakfast and then hitting sport book for a bit. Probably wont make it to cabana. Four 21 year olds with three mothers evil eyeing all the boys that slow down to pass the cabana doesnt sound like foxhole I don't need to be in.

Sorry, I forgot a picture of food last night. Remembering is hard to do when I am hungry as the breakfast picture indicates. [​IMG]

Well, part of being experienced is knowing when you can afford to save yourself. Two points for them got me 4 hours of resting against a let it ride table. Lets just say I am fully charged for their last day.

9. SeeUNVegas

SeeUNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are so much more thrilling when you dont agonize on the draw![​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. SeeUNVegas

SeeUNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And with 8x multiplier!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the "liveish" report. Seems very lively to me with the experience winning over the youth. As far as 6am flights go.....I love them. The last one I took was 6am and with the Eastern time difference it gives us a nice full day to enjoy. I have another October 1st.

I really need to learn Video Poker but something tells me to keep sticking with the sluts....err slots when I am in Vegas. Maybe they will start to actually pay to bring people back to the slots and off video poker. Who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  12. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some great VP hits.....keep 'em coming!

13. SeeUNVegas

SeeUNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for not updating. Girls had a blast with cabana. I guess "experience" should have overseen a bit more than I did. Told them to order food, that I had it taken care of. They DRANK the cabana minimum. Poor things were hurtin units when I checked in with them around 4.

Put subway in them and they showered. Headed to a show and I am heading to Brand for a nice steak and glass (bottle) of wine. Will meet up with them later but doubtful they will be up for much travelling.

Go Ohio State and I will let you know if they get a second wind. Starting to look like a sure thing for those laying team exp.

14. SeeUNVegas

SeeUNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Poor kids are down for the count. I think this qualifies as a victory. Someday they will look back and say they should have listened to me but I doubt they even remember today.

Lot of football bets today that makes me wonder what the hell I was thinking. Really Florida State, really. If you dont understand that comment you didnt bet on them today.

Found double barrel tonight. Guy thinks hes Kenny Chesney. Hopefully he continues to be as much fun.

Check in tomorrow as I ship them home...and take a much needed nap!

• Like Like x 1
  15. SeeUNVegas

SeeUNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sam from Montana at Double Barrel. Fun show, ok not a record label voice, but was very entertaining. Recommend if going by and hes on stage. Think Kenny Chesney wanna be.
    [​IMG]

Guess I tallied to soon. One pup recovered and came out without Mom. Rest sound out for the count. Give them a point as one shows she is learning. She says I only have 10 hours left before I go home and I havent even played 21 or seen MGM yet. Oh they are cute when they have no idea. Ok, asked her to to be respectful and only call it blackjack from now on.

Sams finishing, so gonna lead her to terrible 6:5 but I am running out of things I can teach so I will save the "better pay schedules" talk for when shes older.

Been informed they were all glad I was here, so give them a point for flattery, unless that puts us in a tie. If so, its the Kettle One talking and remove the point because dammit I am to tired to lose now!

Could use a prayer to the blackjack spirts as shes about to learn the unjustice of saturday night minimums ob the strip and for terrible rules. I have a feeling my bankroll will be funding this venture.

16. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a fun report. Love the pics
    and keep it going with the experience.
    Always wins out over youth! Love the
    shirts and good luck with more wins!

17. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool - didn't know there was live music at Double Barrel. Fun report!

18. SeeUNVegas

SeeUNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try to bring the weekend to a close here. Saturday night we (one brave pup and myself) found ourselves at a $25 table at MGM. Kinda steep for a college student so I added to her chip stack to get her started. We played until the meet for breakfast roll call which came in about 7am. Not one chip was passed back to me as we headed toward the cage. As I was starting to consider how I should phrase it, she returned all I helped her with.

Breakfast was the whole group on the patio at Hard Rock and then all but two of us headed on home. They were exhausted and kinda worn around the edges, but I heard lots of stories of what they did when I wasnt around. Sounded like some fum moments for the girls to spun their own stories back home. Everyone appeared to have enjoyed themselves and thats all that can be asked.

The two of us left behind spent the day strolling and bar hopping up and down the strip watching games and trying to decide where to watch the Packers/Vikings game. Turns out we were both exhausted and determind the best place was back in the room with a bucket of beer each and a few orders of wings to share.

My football buddy flew home earlier today leaving me to take a much needed sleep and head down to the sports book bar at thr Monte Carlo to bet/watch Monday Night Football.

With the Eagles pulling it off, I now have a few hundred extra play money and plan to end the trip with a marathon stretch at 3 card tonight.

Overall a fantastic trip and couldnt ask for anything to be done differently. Thanks to everyone for following along and your kind words.

Decided semi-live is still alot of work and as witnessed, I don't always remember to take the most appealing photos of food and such. Again, thanks for following.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.