1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Excitement building

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by 75VWnut, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are like me; when you leave your home town, whether you are flying or driving, the closer you get to Vegas, the more excited you get.

Is there one trip that you took that stands out in the excitement scale?

My trip that tops the scale was when I did a solo trip 3 weeks after 9/11. I had planned this 3 day trip before the assalt that happened and was driving from Phoenix. After the attack, the road from Kingman, AZ and Vegas was closed to all trucks and any vechile pulling a trailer. I passed through Kingman around dusk and there was no one on the highway (I maybe saw 3 cars between Kingman and the dam), but as the miles passed, I could see a glow of light getting bigger and bigger. It was kind of eerie but exciting, espically when I got about 5 miles from the dam and had to go through a security check point. It was eerie being "checked out" by a National Guardsmen with a M-16 strapped over their shoulder. But that glow in the sky is something I'll never forget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.