1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ever have someone walk-in?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Xxprivexx, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never
    once a doorknocker(lady had wrong room)
    and once a lady(who i didnt know) slipped behind me into my room:hmmm:

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How long was she with you? :ssst:

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  3. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once went to the player's club and complained that my card wasn't working when I put it into the machine. It kept saying it wasn't valid, but when we went through all the pertinent information, everything was correct. Then she asked to see the card I was using. I pulled it out, and she said, "sir, that's your room key". I just walked away.

• Funny Funny x 7
  4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who's done this! :) Thanks for sharing, Capt!

RICHARD

5. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i think 10 minutes(then she probably knew i wasnt going to make a move on her...maybe i should have told her that i was a priest but i was too flabbergasted that someone just walked into my room:woohoo:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen women do that at table games. They put down their room key with their money. One male dealer asked her if that was a proposition. She turned red and swithched cards. Another time, it was a female dealer who said she wasn't that type of girl.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys totally scared me with this..lol..I should have avoided reading this thread until I got back (lol)..but it just made me more aware to double lock and triple check that!!:)

8. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last trip there in march, we get drunk, never use the DND sign and sometimes we forget the latch..they had housekeeping open the door a few times and most announce who they were, just told them come back in an hour or so...I told my friend with me, I said, next time they come in and dont announce they are with house keeping, im just going to ask them "are you here for the threesome" ...she laughed but then told me not to, lol

9. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've thrown my room key out with my cash at the table multiple times. Usually they just politely give it back to me and ask for my players card.

10. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah. I kept trying it on multiple VP machines.

The alcohol consumption didn't help things

11. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it twice with the same crew at Aria last trip.
    Fortunately they know me and laughed ........"should we take this as an invitation?"

12. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doh! I totally missed it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. VegasBeckons

VegasBeckons Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just stayed at the Flamingo for a week at the end of March. We had no problem like that. They do have water leakage issues, from the shower and from the vending machines. Other than that we had a lovely stay.

14. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another kinda semi-interesting and remotely related hotel room story here that I just remembered ...

I was working grave at the desk at one of the "Usual Suspect" hotels in the mid 1970s. Very quiet, 0-dark-30 in the morning, until ...

The GM walks in, had a couple with their bags in tow. He kinda barks out "Get these people a new room, and block off room 411 and don't sell it {pause} don't sell it ever again!" He then went into the back office apparently in a tizzy.

Anyone care to guess why? :) :) :)

I got the guest moved and the GM finally came out, calmed down, and explained what was going on.

I still have no clue why this did not happen before that night.

As some of you may remember, 411 was the local number for Directory Assistance. The card by the phone said something like "Directory Assistance: Dial 9-411" but apparently somebody was dialing 411 over and over and over and waking the couple up. The guy was a big-shot with some company that booked meetings and such with the chain, so instead of phoning the desk (we would have moved him gladly) he went right to Corporate and screamed at someone there, who woke up the GM in the middle of the night, who rushed with red lights flashing down to the hotel.

Yes, they renumbered the 400 floor.

No, we did not have a room 911. :) :) :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several years ago on a solo trip, I was staying at the Venetian, in a Venezia tower room ...on the 17th floor I believe that faced southeast. I woke up one morning, opened the drapes to a bright sunny Vegas day. I took a shower, dried off, threw the towel over my shoulder and walked out of the bathroom wearing nothing but a smile only to see a guy washing the windows staring back a me...thought he was going to drop his bucket. I don't know who was more surprised, him or me. I jumped back into the bathroom and waited for a "decent" time before peeking around the doorway......coast was clear. I bet that guy had an interesting story to tell his buddies at lunch that day.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Gold Coast, my 1st day in of 2.
    Most of the time, once I enter my room, I always turn the bolt and the latch, even if I'm only in the room a few minutes.
    This time, I did not use the latch, I was half undressed, just laying on the bed..... when, someone from housekeeping opened the door.
    Didn't even knock, announce herself, anything. She had a clipboard, so I assumed this was a supr of some sort.
    I was really peeved and to this day, the latch goes on before I leave the doorway.

17. jsunsports

jsunsports Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    9:30am this morning. Were staying at the Four Queens and was getting ready to get my freak on with the wife and in walks house keeping. No knocking or saying house keeping she see us and hurries put the door. Maybe I should have our the top lock on but really I would expect a knock on the door.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't even remember which Vegas hotel it was (years ago and many, many, many Vegas trips since then), but I used the key they gave me and opened the door and immediately saw that the room was dark (blinds drawn) and there was someone asleep in the bed! They didn't wake up in the quick second or two I had the door open, but I immediately shut the door and went back down to check in to get a new room.

They didn't offer me anything for the inconvenience and has been stated by some here. I'm sure they didn't offer the occupant of the room anything, either.

19. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At one place I worked, she was called the "Inspectress" and she had to sign off on each room that was turned and cleaned and then release it to the desk. If she was called to a room, she would assume that it was already vacant and cleaned and no, she did not knock.

20. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was she hot?

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.