1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ever had your resort fee waived?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by VegasTravelNews, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully, this is the correct place for thos question.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had their Resort Fee waived? If so, what were the circumstances?

2. ron_ron

ron_ron Low-Roller

yes - wynn/encore offer for 3 nights. I just asked - resort fee was waived by front desk.

3. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only checkout from the desk if some wrong charges appear on the folio on tv checkout.Once at the Rio I was charged 3 days internet access fees on the same day (So no resort fee then) and all were taken off.I also mentioned a shower leak that left a pool of water heading into the hallway from outside the bathroom,that I slipped on.Really invisible to the naked eye just by the color of the tile and room light.I told the guy someone will break their ass (My exact quote).Maybe that helped but I did not come off as complaining at all.I just wanted to pay the one day internet fee and get to the airport.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always get it waived. But I think - oops, I am sure - it is because I play enough.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was offered a $19 a night upgrade to a suite. I pretended that it was worthy of genuine reflection, as if I'd really be lost without the money on account of having contributed it to the house. Finally and thoughtfully, I said, "Well, maybe if I didn't have to pay the resort fees on top of that..." and voila! The stupid fees would've have been like $6 a night more, and for a normal bitch room. Instead I balled as only ballerz can. #balls

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never paid a resort fee.

7. ritilinkid

ritilinkid Believe it or not I'm walking on air.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well Done Baller

8. Geogran

Geogran Whooo. Whooo.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It normally depends on your level of play. It doesn't hurt to ask when you make the reservation or at check-in.
    You can also go to the players club before you checkout and ask for a host to review your play to see if any charges can be removed.

I have mine waived through my host.

9. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago we got it waived at NYNY. The check in guy said it was optional, so we declined. No idea how that happened, and it's never happened since of course. We don't really gamble so it was unrelated to play.

10. PsyDoc

PsyDoc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, at the Wynn, because I stayed in a Tower Suite.

11. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    July-Ballys-complained WIFI wouldnt work. Credited my account whatever BS $30+ they charge. Its whatever. I did hawk 2 pool towels which I love because they are huge.

12. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can have it waived being a high tier member: Diamond+ with CET, Emerald with Boyd.

13. RandomTask

RandomTask Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TL:DR....I was simply nice.

was checking in at NYNY about 9am. They had a few agents helping the steady check out line and 1 agent helping check-in. The couple occupying that agent was there 20+ minutes. She went back and forth to a manager or someone I assume. The couple was on the phone, looking up stuff on their phone, etc. Impatient people behind me started getting loud went up and hounded one of the agents helping checkout and kept being asses. Finally the checkout line cleared and I ended up at a check out agent. I smiled and made a wise crack about the whiner then said don't worry I won't be an asshole (I had been waiting longer than all but 1 person). She smiled, we went through the check in and she said she waived the resort fee.

14. fabriano

fabriano Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the Wynn. Comped for 1 night; paid for 2 nights. Saw a host before checkout---he comped all 3 nights & resort fees. I was supposed to be charged the resort fee for all 3 nights.

15. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once at the Horseshoe in Bossier City when my wife turned on the shower and red rusty water came out of the shower head for what seemed like 5 minutes. They waived the resort fee and gave us a breakfast comp at the buffet.

Mark

16. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always stay at Orleans on a comp (usually 2 nights) and have never paid a RF. Otherwise we stay where they don't have RF's.

Maybe not this year. Looking forward to 2021!
  17. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really insightful when the high-rollers chime in that they do not pay this fee. Thanks guys, we get it. You are very important.

18. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You think...

19. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on how you define a high roller. I do not consider us even close to being high rollers.
    BTW, if you are refering to what it says below my avatar, I think that is because I crested the 500 post mark. I did not put that there.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Maybe not this year. Looking forward to 2021!
  20. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know , I either get comped rooms with no fee, or stay at places that dont have them(boyds)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.