1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ever book just in case Mlife offers get worse?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Ezzy711, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezzy711

    Ezzy711 VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2012
    Messages:
    1,764
    Location:
    Florida
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    16
    I have no plans to go back before the end of the year, but you never know. All my current offers say to book by July 15 for my 3 night comp. With the way things are going with Mlife, I'm wondering if I should book something November or December and change the dates if I decide to go. I'm afraid the next round will be 2 nights, 1 night or just a rate.

    My current offer at Bellagio, my current home base, has cut my resort credit in half and the dreaded "call for freeplay." I know I'm small potatoes but geeze, according to the tax page, I ran over 9K through the machines AND paid for a suite upgrade during my 3 days in June. They are getting $ from me in gaming and hotel. Where's the love? I hate to start from scratch, but maybe it's time for a move.
     
  2. tringlomane

    tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Messages:
    22,379
    Location:
    Chicagoland
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    22
    $9000 "through" slot machines is only about $300 worth of comps...

    Did you mean your actual loss was $9000? That's a LOT different.

    But if $3000 coin-in per night is your typical play for 3 nights, then you've been overcomped if you got anything beyond the base room covered. But better to be overcomped than undercomped!
     
  3. Chuck2009x

    Chuck2009x VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2009
    Messages:
    9,882
    Location:
    Boston
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    24

    Absolutely. DO IT! I knew my offers were going to go down because I started short playing them, because I'm phasing them out. So I have a full 3 night comp with regular FP & RC booked for next weekend, that I booked the first week in March before the offers caught up.

    Only problem is, now I'm there 3 nights and only going to do enough play to get enough TCs to maintain Pearl. So like video poker at 5 cents a hand, lol.

    If the situation is:
    I don't know if I'm going, but I can cancel with no penalty if I get a better offer or If I don't end up going.

    Then why wouldn't you do it? It's the same question as: "Should I book now or wait for a better price?"

    Only caveat is, if you have to change the dates after the offer's "book by" date has passed, they may not let you do it. They may tell you you have to use a "current" offer. So you might want to wait until just before the book by date to see if your dates firm up. It's still a no-risk situation.
     
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.