1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"Even the losers get lucky sometimes!" 10/5 - 10/7

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by luck.ofthe.draw, Oct 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So last night, swung by Sahara
    20221007_213541.jpg

Then off to my jam to use my FP
    20221007_215918.jpg

20221007_222205.jpg

Look @Scott Blair I learned things!
    20221007_224856.jpg

20221007_224923.jpg

20221007_225537.jpg

20221007_231918.jpg

20221007_231601.jpg
    I should've just used all my FP on VP (whaaat?!) cause I was doing well. It was crowded, people were annoying, I went and burned through $60 more than I wanted..... but it was a fun night.

More slot hits:
    20221007_235701.jpg

20221007_235529.jpg

Played Cats Hats n Bats on the way out, but didn't have more than $20 left so that sucked. But it was a fun night and S told me he had a great time, so yaaaaay. :woohoo:
    :wiggle:

Wrap up tomorrow! Been home chillin with the cats today gearing up for work tomorrow, baaaa.

• Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 1
  2. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thai-inspired beef jerky. Spicy, and wasn't a fan in general. S showed me what it *should* look like, and I think the traditional way might be better.

We both agreed that a side of rice with the mapo tofu would be fantastic. But it was so so good regardless!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Scott Blair

Scott Blair VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VP is almost always the best way to convert free play. We'll steer you away from slots sooner or later.

Pre-Summer Trip
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report @luck.ofthe.draw! And glad @Scott Blair got you on some VP. The time you were at the bar with me, you focused on gimmicky Keno. Haha

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
    • Love Love x 1
  5. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That jerky looks like they put a copious amount of chili pepper threads on it and wayyyy too much of it, and what place doesn't give you a side of rice with mapo tofu?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mapo Tofu isn't traditionally served with rice, at least not in Thailand, so even though it's a good combo.

And yesss the beef jerky was more like cooked shreds of beef, definitely want to eat it the more traditional way to compare. Everything else was fantastic though, and I love the carpaccio!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wrapup Tiiiiime:

Staycation ended way too soon, but it was a really nice getaway despite being on a budget!

The suite upgrade we got was awesome! I would definitely stay at Park again. And it's been one of my favorite properties for a while.

Eataly was one of my favorite parts of the trip!! Glad I got S as excited about the Italian food as I was!

Wicked Spoon was another highlight, I always enjoy the selection and I'm glad to see they brought out some seasonal fall eats!!!

Gambling - For a low rolling trip, those spur of the moment pop-ins at NYNY and Circa ended up working out great for me!!!

S and I had a blast at Circa, and I even earned some points! 8East was also a nice use of my $25 food credit.

Since we are on opposite schedules and I'm currently working weekends, getting extended periods of time together is tough! Once I get on a better work schedule, it'll be even better to coordinate little getaways or Vegas staycations - but this trip proved we can have lots of fun on a small bankroll!

• Like Like x 12
    • Love Love x 1
  8. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it needs the rice to cut through some of the fattiness from the ground pork and the heat.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.