1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Even celebs are bitching about VIP prices

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by vegasqc, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then, no doubt, there will be a line to put in an additional tip after the auto grat so you will feel "cheap" only tipping $120,000.

2. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prices are ridiculous because people pay them. A bottle is between $500 and $1000 depending on the liquor/club/night. "Well" drinks at the bar fetch roughly $400/bottle and go up from there and that doesn't involve giving up any real estate. Markups are nearly 2000%. I'm not really happy about the cost of going out, but I can't be upset because I know that given the business opportunity I'd do the same thing.

3. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i paid $8 for a bottle of budwieser at voodoo in rio about 4 years ago- i was shocked!:wink2::beer::beer::beer:

4. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow... I thought she was a drag-queen when I looked through those pics! Apparently, she's not! Whoops.

5. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I kind of questioned this comment until I did the math

22m / 500 / 365 = 120.55 bottles needed to be sold per night....so 121

they say they will probably only be open 5 nights a week so / 260 nights = 170 bottles needed to be sold per night I imagine they can easily do that in a night....still a ridiculous amount of money even for Tiƫsto, but hey I would have taken that check myself for sure......a hugely ridiculous price for grey goose

I would love to see the breakdown of where that mandatory 22% tip out goes because I find it impossible to believe that much of it goes to the actual servers or anyone on the floor in general

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    enough of it goes to the servers that they don't ask you for more. if they didn't get much, you can be sure they'd push you to add extra.

7. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bottles

the prices they are talking about are packages with multiple bottles, and yes that menu is there, but more for higher end clientele. Depending on the club and bottle prices are $350 to $500 plus anything over and beyond juice and soda. Redbull and other mixers are extra, which a redbull can go for $10-$15. Then most places add an 18-22% gratuity. I will tell you why. People are cheap, servers,hosts, security keep peoples nights going and safe. When table service first started at Pure, you bought bottles and next thing people are leaving a $10 tip, people cant live off that. Yes the club are somewhat greedy, but that's how it is. The old sayin "30k a year millionaire". People go to Las Vegas nightclubs for the atmosphere and because when they go home they have pictures of themselves sitting at a small little table with 2 bottles of grey goose vodka and a dj they have never heard of. if you look at the top 10 places for bottle sales, vegas had 8 If I remember correctly, one club in LA and one in Miami.

8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An old saying.....was that from the 1990's? :poke:

Two grey goose @ $1k, or $1,250 with tip, includes mixers and rental of a 4 square foot table and a couple chairs for 4 hours. I am officially a fossil. As Sinatra sang, "nice work if you can get it (and you can get it if you try)".

9. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I moved to Vegas in 1995 so that saying was 98 or 99. People will continue to go to Vegas clubs no matter how much they have to spend. Couples with yearly income of $60k to multimillionaires.

10. Dutchfly

Dutchfly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly, if nobody would ever order it, prices will drop. So there are people who order it. They only need to sell maybe once in a month to make good profit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.