1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Encore self-park elevators reeked of weed

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Llew, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigtigger

bigtigger Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who cares? weed is as normal as cigarette smoking or drinking - and a lot less harmful - we've all see how alcohol use can destroy families, make drinkers violent and so forth. Weed makes one mellow, maybe even stupid. But how anyone could care about residual odour in an elevator is beyond me. Walk down any city street, go into any park, attend any party, pass by folk congregated outside most any bar, etc....you'll find smokers of the herb. Live and let live. I do NOT mean everyone should smoke weed: I do mean, that like gay relationships or casual dress, this sort of indulgence is a given of our society and doesn't hurt anyone exposed to it.

2. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no opinion about the types or effects of weed. But I know smells, and I say, better weed than wee.

3. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Except those of us that are subject to random drug tests at out work. While the chances of a positive test due to second hand smoke are remote, it is a chance I really don't want to take.:nono:

4. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually hope you are a "smoker of the herb" so I can blame your comment on that (as you said, it makes you mellow and maybe even stupid).

The thought that stinking up an elevator of a posh hotel because you think you're not harming anyone is both clueless and selfish at the same time. Some don't mind the smell, but many do. I'm sure the hotel doesn't appreciate it (or they shouldn't). I'm sure you can find a place to smoke that won't leave a lasting impression on everyone else.

And spare me the "it doesn't hurt anyone" speech. I've seen it F up and partially ruin many people's lives. It didn't exactly have a good effect on my own life for a short time.

BTW - next time add the "it comes from the ground, how can it be bad" line.

:rolleyes2:

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time I stay at the Cosmopolitan, I ALWAYS smell weed when I'm out on the balcony. People love to light it up out there I guess.

As for the Encore, maybe Steve Wynn has a medical marijuana card to help with his declining eye sight. ;)

6. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should I hold my farts too when I'm in an elevator by myself because the next rider may be offended? It's a short ride, be tolerant of others.

7. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd rather you fire up a crack pipe than rip a nasty one! :Þ

8. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drug tests measure the concentration of THC metabolites currently in your system. The common threshold between pass and fail is usually around 50 ng/ml (i.e. you don't have to "score 0" to pass the test). This is designed primarily to account for second hand smoke. Re: the elevator scenario, you might have cause for concern if you took a few trips up and down the building with a guy taking massive bong rips over and over. But merely getting on an elevator with a lingering smell would pose absolutely zero risk....even if it were to happen numerous times over the course of a trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.