1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

El Cortez

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by VegasFirstTimer, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which rooms were remodeled? All, several floors ? It seemed like the upper floors were getting shabby last trip.

Jimbo

2. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m pretty sure the remodeling is complete for the entire tower. Rooms are really nice, showers are excellent, and they replaced all the old outlets so you can plug in a phone charger and it doesn’t fall right out!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Coppertop Tester

Coppertop Tester Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During my last two stays there before the pandemic hit, almost every new outlet in my rooms were so tight that I couldn't insert two pronged plugs for fear of bending them. I was able to plug in three pronged power strips, but even those took a bit of force. Do you think they are just installed poorly or is there some kind of trick to it? You are right that none of your chargers will fall right out though!

4. gregluvsvegas

gregluvsvegas Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They probably have those tamper resistant outlets with the shutters in them. They are a pain, but just PUSH. Angling the plug a bit can help break through the shutters.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Coppertop Tester

Coppertop Tester Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah! Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard of those before. I hope I get another chance to use them this summer. :poker::poker::poker:

6. rebelroller

rebelroller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some safety receptacles have a feature where the ground, bottom of the three prongs and slightly longer than the two horizontal, has to be inserted before the two other shutters will allow ease of entry (yes I'm still talking about receptacles). It seems in the UK and Europe they have been going that way for a few years and now it is showing up over here in places. If you get one of the two prong to 3-prong small adapters it will solve the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Headache 21

Headache 21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the table game situation currently? Are there any limitations? Games not open till a certain time, etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.