1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

El Cortez Cabana Suites

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Wanger1969, Feb 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone heard if the Cabana Suites will be open at El Cortez anytime soon? This is my favorite place to stay downtown. In trying to plan my upcoming trip and having trouble deciding where to stay.

So, if anyone has info on the Cabana Suites or ideas on where I should stay instead, let me know. I've stayed at Four Queens and Fremont and would be up for trying something new.

Thanks!

2. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use to stay at the Cabana suites all the time and loved them. But a year before COVID stepped in I stayed in the new tower rooms and one of the new tower suites. I probably will not go back to the Cabana. It was a few bucks more but a world of difference. Space the bathroom well everything. Have you considered one of them

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last visit to Vegas in Feb of last year I booked Tower Room for a week, when I checked in they told me I had been moved to a Cabana suite. I had never stayed in them before but I did like the room. I have not stayed in a tower room since they were refurbished so I don't know what they are like now. The only other Downtown hotel I have stayed at is The D, I stayed here a few times and the rooms are nice.

4. gregluvsvegas

gregluvsvegas Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a very large construction dumpster next to the cabanas when I stayed in Dec/Jan. I'm not sure if they were doing some sprucing up, or a major overhaul. It would seem to me now would be the perfect time to update. Those rooms are due for a facelift. The green with white/black accents looked dated even when it was new. I guess am not a fan of the Miami look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.