1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

El Cortez--2 different buildings?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by KKB, Jun 2, 2019.

1. jack v

jack v Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tower is non smoking, but I have almost always smelled marijauna smoke, one time i was in the elevator with a el-cortez worker, i said this towers non smoking right, the guy said yes sir, i said it sure reeks of pot, he just laughed and kinda shrugged as if what can we do.

With the new laws it's pretty much everywhere .

2. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For some reason, it seems, smoking pot doesn't count as smoking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep.
    It seems they are afraid to address it.

4. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find it kind of sad, ironic & a little bit funny that cigarette smoking has become culturally unacceptable and pot-smoking tends to be reacted to with a shrug.

Many years ago, I was attending a Bob Dylan/Paul Simon show at an outdoor venue in Dallas. (terrible show, by the way...Dylan was indecipherable & Simon's voice was weak and frequently out of tune.)
    Anyway, I smoked (daily) back then. I was in a seat under the canopy/roof-top - where signage made it clear that smoking was not permitted....but, I looked around me and saw that many people were smoking joints - without any adverse reaction from the cops...so, I fired up a Camel Light...
    Cop was on me within 10 seconds, telling me I needed to step outside of the covered area to smoke.
    When I pointed out the multiple people smoking pot, the cop shrugs his shoulders at me & says, "Yeah - I know - but that's not tobacco, and that's what we've been told to enforce."
    My comment to the cop: "The world has now officially turned upside-down.", and I step outside of the covered area.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1