1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Effective Jan 26th negative covid test required for international flights into U.S.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jeanf, Jan 12, 2021 at 3:33 PM.

1. jeanf

jeanf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. sinnerman

sinnerman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suspect in 3 to 6 months, we will see the same equivalent with vaccine passports

• Like Like x 1
  3. zoobrew

zoobrew High-Roller

Except in the US, where there will be a major pushback and it is very questionable if it would survive a court challenge.

So what will happen? No one knows. Airlines can require a coronavirus vaccine because they are private companies. Countries may also make vaccination a requirement for crossing their borders. Within the United States, it’s highly unlikely that the vaccination would ever be required for travel, according to experts. Health authorities have to figure out how to document vaccination and share that data securely, according to Chris Bowen, the chief privacy and security officer at ClearDATA, a health-care company. And that could take months, if not years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/yellow-card-vaccine-passport/2020/12/30/746c0558-40b7-11eb-8db8-395dedaaa036_story.html

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not surprising. More surprising that this didn't happen sooner.

Hawaii already has a similar thing. They require all incoming to be covid negative. If you come into the state without a covid negative you have to quarantine for 14 (now 10) days. Even if you get the test results later you still have to quarantine.

5. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yesterday I called my friend who has been in the Czech Republic since August taking care of his parents and was planning to return at the end of this month. That looks doubtful. He just came down with covid, but so far he just feels like crap, runs a slight fever, and has lost sense of smell. There is also talk of airport in Germany where he would fly out from disallowing flights, whether international or domestic, I'm not sure.

6. Whilestockslast

Whilestockslast Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If we were allowed into the USA ( currently denied) I would need a test 72 hours before travel with documentation of the test to board the aeroplane and the same to return to the UK followed by 10 days quarantine - my big question would be where would an international visitor in Vegas be able to get a test with documentation 72 hours or less before flying home or they can’t board the aeroplane. Can these tests be found on the strip? Cost? Etc - it does make it more of a pain to visit if you are having to chase all over the place to find these test.

7. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Virgin Atlantic have a link on their website to a testing company that are based at UK airports, I would assume that whatever airline your travelling with would have something similar set up for be able to test so you can fly back home.

8. sinnerman

sinnerman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure about the pushback from the courts etc. As you pointed out airlines are private companies and can do what they like. But states like Hawaii have already implemented strict covid testing and quarantine requirements without judicial pushback. I am not sure vaccine passports will be different. That being said, you are right that implementation will be a problem. And it will still take many months before we are close to herd immunity in any state.