1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Eating Habits in Vegas!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Electroguy563, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious how I compare to the rest of you VMB'ers. Are you able to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner when in Vegas? I find that by the 2nd or 3rd day, I'm too full to eat lunch if I had breakfast, and too full to eat dinner if I had lunch. We end up eating meals at the weirdest hours of the day and night. I'm sure the gambling, shows, shopping, and sightseeing plays a part in all this. Is this a normal thing or am I the only weird one to experience this, LOL.

How about you? Can you consistently eat 3 meals a day for the duration of your stay?

Care to share your eating habits while in Vegas?

2. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It breaks down to 2 big meals and 1 or 2 big snacks or small meals; big breakfast-light lunch-big dinner-snack OR light breakfast-big lunch-late dinner-no snack. We used to be able to pack away 4 big meals every day but we just can't do that anymore.

3. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I am more of a degen that I think I am, lol, but in Vegas I typically only eat one big meal a day. Either that's it or maybe another snack like a slice of pizza or something. I spend the rest of my 18-20 hour days grinding it out on various tables (live poker, BJ, Craps, UTH, 3CP, Roulette, you name it) and sluts, I mean slots.

4. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although eating habits vary slightly depending on if it's a guys trip or with my wife, I almost never eat three full meals a day in LV.

On guys trips, almost every morning is steak and eggs at Ellis Island. Most days, "lunch" will be a $3 hotdog and beer at Stage Door, or a slice of pizza from 550 Pizza at Aria.

Dinner is more variable, and depends a bit on where we are. It can range from a burger (BurGR at PH), to prime rib (Magnolia's at Four Queens) to a sandwich at Earl of Sandwich.

We'll usually do one buffet per trip--recent ones have been Bacchanal, Wicked Spoon, and Paris. Usually at the break between lunch and dinner, and on that day I don't eat much else.

So, no--three squares a day doesn't really happen in LV!

5. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At home, my son and I are hungry as soon as we get up and eat breakfast right away. In Vegas, we're able to wait a few hours. We may get up at 6:00 but don't go for breakfast buffet until 8:00 or 9:00. We'll typically eat twice a day in Vegas.

6. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find portions are too huge to eat more than two actual meals a day. I have to pace myself if I don't want to feel extremely full. I will have a snack or something light in between meals though. When I get home my Vegas detox involves a lot of vegetables.

7. Shaunny11

Shaunny11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually eat a late breakfast which serves as breakfast and lunch. Dinner doesn't always happen but we eat before we go to bed to soak up some of the alcohol from a day of overindulging.

8. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We don't eat three meals a day at home so we don't in Vegas either. Usually it's a breakfast sandwich at Earl and the dinner. We actually eat less there than we do at home because we don't snack.

9. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually eat big breakfast, then maybe 2 snacks later on, rarely have dinner if I,m solo, but always with wife. Never have 3 meals a day. I can sometimes get to late night time and think, WTF have I actually had to eat today, sometimes you just forget to eat, especially if degenerate gambling/drinking!!.

10. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

In Vegas -
    Early Steak + Egg Special somewhere ...5 am ?
    Early Dinner at 5 pm
    something light ( on the go ) while walking around Vegas in the afternoon.
    And something very light before bed.

11. Rubos

Rubos Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I could eat three meals at US portion size and I am a big chap!

Usually do a light breakfast or lunch and then an evening meal only

12. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We eat at no set times just depends what we are doing.

One constant is if I'm up late gambling I look for something to eat (snack) around 2 or 3 am. That would never happen at home.

TomTWI

13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On pleasure trips we (and the couple we often hang out with) will usually do a breakfast/brunch and then a dinner.

On business I usually go with the flow, meaning lunch at the usual time and often dinner after work. I'll often skip breakfast entirely on business trips.

On the occasional solo trip I'll eat when I feel like it! :)

14. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I normally have breakfast (but share an entree). I may or may not have lunch....depending on how I'm doing at the tables and how distracted I am. I always have dinner. Dinner may be shared small plates or 2 of us share an entree with and appi each. I find the portions are generally too big for 1 person.

15. woody82986

woody82986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually one big meal a day with several small meals or snacks throughout. When I first get to Vegas, food is almost the last thing on my mind, but by the end of the trip I find myself eating more. It's hard for me to pass a pizza joint and not grab a slice at any time though.

16. LetsDoThis

LetsDoThis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are so many wonderful restaurants and so little time!
    When I'm prepping for my trip I get so excited about the restaurants I love and new ones to try, but I know realistically, I'll only be able to enjoy one of them each day as I can only really eat one large meal a day, which I usually save for dinner. Breakfast is usually something grab-and-go (rarely sit-down/waitress service), Lunch is optional depending on how the day is going but always conscious as to not spoil my appetite for the big meal later. Upon arrival on the first day I stop at Whole Foods and get some snacks for the room (crackers, chocolates, strawberries etc) which are always available if I need something to hold me over.

... I WISH I could eat three meals because there is such a great selection of food to choose from!

17. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My meal schedule goes right out the window when I get to Vegas.

Usually for the first day I stick to the breakfast/lunch/dinner trifecta with a late night snack to soak up the booze. But after that I start to deviate. Some days I will skip breakfast because I've slept in late. Other days I will be up early and have breakfast and lunch and then no dinner because I am playing craps and drinking.

18. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never have a set meal time, except for breakfast which is always room service because I wake up so early and have to have coffee...
    Usually dont eat a big lunch and get so busy at night we forget to eat and end up having a light snack before bed. Always have plans to do nice dinners but it never happens.
    Really bad eating habits while in Vegas.

19. JennAndRob

JennAndRob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only time a plan a meal in Vegas is when we want to eat at a restaurant and have reservations- usually it is later in the night too. Every time i go to Vegas i like to try a new restaurant and a new buffet!
    Typical day is getting in late night before - so wake up later around 10:00ish and eat late breakfast/early lunch. than usually hit the diamond lounge for snacks in between and then dinner is about 9:00 range...

20. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. I like to try new places and try different foods. But no matter how I try portion control I end up really full by the 2nd and 3rd day, then my eating habits get all screwed up.

It could be that because I like to stay Downtown, I hardly have to walk far, so it's hard to kick up the metabolism. If I was on the Strip and exploring properties, maybe I can drum up an appetite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.