1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Easiest place to earn comps for low budget

Discussion in 'Comps' started by avlak13, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:37 PM.

1. avlak13

avlak13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a low roller that used to get a few nights and food credit from Boyd...that has since gone away. Where else would be a good place to divert my money to? I would assume somewhere downtown...but not sure which place. Not looking to chase comps but looking to get a little something for spending some cash.

2. greekjim

greekjim VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars gives out free rooms pretty easily, just to get people in the door there

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Bubblehead

Bubblehead Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slot, VP or Table player?

CET Slot Tournament
  4. avlak13

avlak13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mostly tables

5. ACSCLE

ACSCLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I earned 9 tier credits at CET on my last visit after playing slots for like 15 minutes. I get comped rooms everywhere except Caesar's/Cromwell on weekdays and was comped a few places on weekends (Bally's, Flamingo, occasionally others on some dates). It's not an offer they are sending me, no food/free play, but if you're looking for a free room, try any of their properties.

And no, the free rooms I am offered are not due to Covid as in my March 2019 trip I earned maybe 20 tier credits and got the same free rooms through the rest of the year.

I give basically all my play to M Life and Cosmo but it's nice to have these free rooms available for family/an occasional weekend date that isn't comped elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    avlak, you might want to check the off strip, off downtown hotels. they might be easier to get comps. Many of them cater to locals so might offer non locals a good deal. Hope others who frequent those places can chime in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Downtown seems that the D is pretty comp friendly. May try the Plaza as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The D has recently changed their comp system. It doesn't seem so "friendly" anymore. The Circa cost $1B to build. Something's gotta pay it off.

NY-NY. mLife comp. 16 oz. bone-in filet at Gallagher's!! Woo-Hoo!
    Slot tournament at Venetian, then on to Cosmopolitan
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a low roller, CET works well for me. Not much in FP or food, but the rooms are consistently comped. I parted ways with Boyd 2 years ago and have not regretted it.

• Love Love x 1
  10. bull1029

bull1029 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the same boat. used to get comped at 4Q, then Boyd, then those went away. Then the D and GG starting sending me a couple free nights, but I didn't make it out last year, so those have went away. Next time I go, I guess I'll just stay where I want and start over.

11. Necrochaos

Necrochaos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can tell you as a table player it can be difficult to get rooms. I usally have $300-$400 per day to play with and it's 95% craps. I don't have a lot of action on the table ($17 on a $5 table and $34 on a $10 table) and still get some offers. However 2020 seemed to get me a lot of offers.

MGM has been pretty generous with the rooms to me and even offered me some freeplay and resort credit. I still have to pay the resort fees on rooms but I thought that was a decent deal.

I don't get much from Caesars. I can get some rooms during the week at Ballys/Rio/Flamingo but nothing else and no credits.

El Cortez has extended more than a few offers my way. We used two nights last year from my table play. I think I got like $20 in food or something as well.

South Point and Cannery frequently offer me a night or two stay.

Hell, even TI did the same, but I'm not interested.

IMHO, the smaller offstrip places will give you more offers. Personally on the strip MGM seems to give me the best offers.

• Like Like x 1