1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown sports book recs

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by blissfulignoramus, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissfulignoramus

blissfulignoramus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked the same question last year and got great advice. Look below for what we are looking for. Last year folks directed me to Fremont, and we spent a lot of time there and had a great time. Thanks!

This year we are staying at Plaza and California. It's only been a year, but things change fast in Vegas, so if people have recommendations for where we might go to have a good time, that would be great. I'm happy to spend my time at Fremont again but if people have other suggestions I am happy to hear them! We will definitely give the Plaza a go as well.

So we are looking for a place on or right off Fremont where we can keep the drink tickets coming (or no tickets!) at a rate that approximates our consumption, good place to watch baseball, decent seating. We supplement the baseball with small but regular horse bets. We don't care about the clientele: the weirder the better, actually. My favorite places were the old sports book at Stardust, Bellagio (when it was easier to get a drink, although when we went two years ago and it wasn't too bad), and even the squalor of the old Binions sports book with the theater seating (one of the great people watching spots of all time). Those days are over though.

2. Ghandi

Ghandi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'be no experience (first downtown trip coming soon), but it seems like common recommends here are The Plaza or The Cal. Right where you're staying!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.