1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown Pools

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Not at the table Carlos, May 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not at the table Carlos

Not at the table Carlos Cheapskate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anybody know what the cover charge is for pools downtown for non-hotel guests? I will be staying at Main Street Station next month and I have heard that the Cal's pool is available for MSS guests. Does anybody know if non-guests can use the pools at The D, Plaza, DTG, Golden Nugget? I assume all would allow non-guests for a specific price but can't find that figure anywhere for any of these places.

2. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the easiest one is the Downtown Grand, which actually encourages outside guests to come to the pool with no charge.

"JOIN US AT CITRUS
    Lie back and relax at Citrus Grand Pool Deck overlooking the classic Downtown Las Vegas skyline. Hotel guests, local residents and visitors receive free admission."

• Like Like x 1
  3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are staying at MSS you may need to go the front desk at the Cal to pick up a key card for the pool. They may or may not check to make sure you are staying at MSS and they will swipe you a new card for the pool. Hmmm, I wonder, if you stayed at the Cal before maybe your old key might open the door to the pool.

But YMMV though, they may have changed their policy and allow your MSS key card to open the pool but I cannot confirm. Since it isn't too far when you come from MSS you can go up to the 13th floor and check and if it doesn't work then go down to the front desk.

I heard that the DTG doesn't check for people going to the pool. The Plaza may be the same (allow you and guests free entry) but with the new setup they may have changed that policy. I heard that the GN will charge you if you want to go to the pool (and not staying at the hotel). Not sure about the D. There also is a pool on the top of Binions and I think that guests at the 4q may be able to use but not sure about guests or people not staying at the hotel.

4. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plaza website states they charge $10 for non hotel guests to use the pool. Hotel guests and locals are admitted free.

5. PlazaPoker

PlazaPoker Plaza Host

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check your inbox!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tumpster

Tumpster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends on who's working the desk. Last time we checked out Plaza's pool we came from Hash House and the guy let us into the pool w/ food which is supposed to be a no no. The Grand always welcomes us to their pool without issue so we swim and usually buy a drink or two. But I'm of the mentality of act like you should be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.