1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown pools and weather in early November

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Sarahpdx, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarahpdx

Sarahpdx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm planning a trip to downtown vegas for Nov 5 - 7. It looks like the daytime weather will be warm enough still to get some pool time in and I'm wondering what my best options are. I know the Plaza pool is heated year round and looks very nice. The price is definitely nice but I was a bit unsure about the room quality. I stayed at the Grand last May and really liked the pool and rooms there but wasn't sure if they heat it or shut down for winter. I've wanted to try the Nugget for a while but it always seems so busy at the pool and it's the most expensive option. Does it slow down in November? I'm assuming they keep it open year round. Is it worth the extra cost to swim with sharks LOL?

I know a lot of this is subjective based on my levels of comfort and needs but I thought heading to the experts would give me more perspective. I need some pool time relaxation!

• Like Like x 1
  2. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Nugget pool is nicely heated and is open year round. They also have a fairly good-sized hot tub that's open into the wee hours. The pool definitely isn't as busy in the cooler months. The Nugget pool gets a lot of shade from the towers that surround it, which helps in the summer but makes sitting around it even colder in the winter.

3. Sarahpdx

Sarahpdx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!

4. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plaza pool does not get a lot of sun in the winter either, and it gets pretty windy. Rarely gets used, but it is nice and warm.

5. Italladdsup

Italladdsup Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for asking this, we are going in late October and I thought the pools would be closed. Good information on this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.