1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown for March Madness 2018?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Mgilmore, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mgilmore

Mgilmore Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never been to Vegas during March Madness. I was thinking of staying downtown. Has anyone ever been downtown for the tournament? If so any advice??

2. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, twice. There isn't a huge sports book downtown. Both the Golden Nugget and the Plaza have viewing parties (entry fee). In the past the best place to watch during the day IMHO is at the Westgate, though you have to take a bus or taxi/uber/lift to get there and back. They have a massive sports book, plus (at least previously) free entry into their amphitheater that has giant screens with the games on. The Plaza sports book is OK for awhile, but the chairs are just nice card chairs.

If your interest is limited to sports betting, the strip may be worth considering because of the bigger viewing venues. I like downtown because we do other gambling as well. If you're downtown, the odds often differ among Boyd, William Hill, and the Golden Nugget, so check them all.

3. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our son always go for mm. He likes El Cortez. It's not big, but always fun. Not a party where you pay, just fun. Locals and tourists. It doesn't get better than that.

4. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup! Downtown is a blast for March Madness. Year number 5 for me coming up in Downtown for MM.

Advice? Book airfare early. Doesn't matter where you stay downtown as it will be bustling everywhere.

5. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Downtown is great for MM. lots of options that are easier to get to quickly which means you miss less basketball while moving. The Cal had a viewing party upstairs last year that was good and they have a new sports book downstairs. Boars head at MSS and Long Bar and VueBar at the D are are also great spots.

6. Nolaphishfan

Nolaphishfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am headed to vegas for March Madness this year. It will be the first time for me. Pretty pumped about it. If anyone can use a damn good deal on a room downtown please let me know. We booked 2 rooms at The D but now our friends FIL gave us a condo at the Polo Towers. We cannot cancel The D rooms so we must sell them. We have 2 queens for $89 per night (tax included but NOT resort fee) and a room assigned at check in for $79 (tax included but NOT resort fee). Check in thursday mar 15 and check out is Sunday march 18. You can even pay me AFTER you have checked in.

If you need to add days to the reservation they can be added for CHEAP like $50 per night. The thursday thru sat are the expensive days and the other days are damn near give away pricing. The D is currently charging like $149 per for my dates and that does not include the 13% taxes. So you you buy from me you save like 50%.

Just reply to this thread and we can figure out a way to converse about making a deal...

7. Tumpster

Tumpster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did it this year, it was a lot of fun. I don't need to be at the sports books I just went bar to bar that have tvs. Recommended downtown.

8. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Open a William Hill account. Then you will be able to make your bets on your phone without standing in line. Lines are very long sometimes.

MARCH MADNESS
  9. thekid911

thekid911 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the March Madness in Las Vegas facebook group. Will tell you everything you want to know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. They even have a special Plaza rate for members of the group. Might save you some funds.

11. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best suggestion on these boards for someone with MM questions!

MMILV 2022
  12. Nolaphishfan

Nolaphishfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While that Plaza deal via the facebook group is a good one my deal (THE D) absolutely smokes it. I can save $100 on the facebook group rate AND you get a "nicer" hotel. No brainer here. Someone take this/these rooms off my hands...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.