1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dollar: Sold out this weekend?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by zlanga, Oct 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am flying in Friday morning at 7 and have my reservation made months ago to pick up my car as soon as they open at 8. I just went in to do a last minute price-check, and rather than any prices for any cars, all I got was a message "Location sold out"...

That's mildly disconcerting since I have a group of 4 of us that I'll be driving around to several golf courses that would cost an arm and a leg to taxi or uber to. Plus we're all staying off-strip, and not in walking distance from each other.

I understand the Southwest fiasco screwed everyone, and they probably rented out a huge amount of their inventory to one-way drivers who were trying to get home. Makes me wonder how long that will impact their operations there...

USBC Nationals
  2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i think it's more related to the widespread supply shortages on, um, EVERYTHING. For car rentals, I was just reading the other day that when the pandemic started getting going last year, the rental companies got rid of a bunch of their inventory. Then, when things started bouncing back, the chip shortage meant that new cars were basically impossible to come by, and the price of used cars was skyrocketing.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New reservations are not available. But that does not mean you will have a problem.

BUT - if worried, make a backup one at another agency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah that makes sense to stop taking new reservations if there is already the possibility of being short for their existing reservations. Keeping my fingers crossed, and glad I arrive early. I suspect some folks will be getting turned away as the day goes on.

USBC Nationals
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.