1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dollar - Post Low and Go

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Clarson5, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarson5

Clarson5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone used this offering from Dollar? Its a little cheaper, and they guarantee a compact or larger car.

2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have rented twice from Dollar and never will again. Lines are horrible and the fact they tack on a huge deposit is BS.

3. alamode36

alamode36 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive rented from Dollar several times with no troubles including once or twice with the "post low and go" deal. Its typically a little cheaper, but you can usually beat it if you keep checking around. For sure sign up for Dollars "Express" club and you can skip most of the lines. Not sure what the deposit is these days but several other places charge them too. I think the worst was Advantage, they kept our deposit for 10 business days (two weeks!) after we returned the car.

4. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Join their renters club and no line---straight to booth in garage----never had to deposit----lock-low-go is okay, but Costco still beats them----YMMV

5. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this for my two week February trip. All-in for $255. I am going to try and steal an upgrade once I am there. They almost never assign me a car, just an aisle. I plan on picking a nicer car from another aisle, and seeing if I squeeze through the cracks.

6. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They put $350 over the total of my rental on my card. That's an insane deposit. I worked at Avis for almost 10 years, and that's pretty extreme

7. fischer

fischer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, join the "Club" and NO lines, go directly to the booth in the garage and your car is waiting... Very nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.