1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does the Bacchanal Buffet close between lunch and dinner?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by joshrocker, Sep 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If we were trying to be cheap....cough cough....I mean frugal and save the $10 difference in price between dinner and lunch, does anyone know if they close the buffet before dinner? Or in anyway try to stop this? if they don't, how busy is the line around 2:30 or so during the midweek?

I know some buffets close for a little while to stop people from doing this. At least from their website it doesn't look like they close at all. Thanks!

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It does not close between the meals. But I don't think they start serving many of the dinner items for an hour or two after the price jump kicks in (to prevent the kind of activity you are planning)

3. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got it. That makes sense. The jerks have foiled my evil plans. Thanks for the answer.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? I've never been to a buffet that does that. What about the people arriving 5 minutes after dinner began? They got ripped off then!

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is Caesars we're talking about here...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there at this time frame with little or no wait. They do not close. They put out dinner at 3:30pm I believe. I've never seen a delay in price change and offering change. That would be ripping off people that want dinner and wait for the posted dinner time and pay extra to have the dinner. I'm not saying they don't ever, but I'm saying I've accidentally done this 'hack' because again, being east coasties, that's when we were hungry for dinner early in the trip. I'd have a hard time believing they would do that because they'd be ripping off all full price customers just to keep a small handful of people from saving $10, yet they do groupons, and promotions and tier discounts regularly to save at least that much. Ratings would suffer hardcore and would definitely be false advertising if they say dinner starts at 3:3] but dont actually put out dinner items until 4:30. The one time I made the swap by accident, they definitely brought out the dinner items about 15 minutes BEFORE the dinner price start time so that it was all out by that time, definitely not any amount of time later.

Beau Rivage booked same day as Luxor. One will win. Leaning Biloxi.
    Vegas or Biloxi. Going somewhere for Labor Day weekend...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The couple times I have eaten there in the afternoon, most of the dinner items came out closer to 4 than 3 (when the price jumps). But considering the sample sizes we are each talking about, its entirely possible they are just inconsistent

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went in about 30 minutes before the change. They change stuff out over a period of time. Not sure if there is a specific plan, but once you are already there for dinner, you are there. It is not like everything gets changed at once. A few items we tried on the first run were gone when we went back. Some were still there and some new things. We always do small servings the first pass to try out different items. (I totally hate those that pile up and dump a half plate of food) There is LOTS and LOTS of options. We really enjoyed it.

It is a good plan to save a few bucks, and when it is not quite as busy. Late lunch and/or early dinner. We also did the unlimited wine option and settled in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Buffet Managers feel that it's not a big impact if people come in around 2 or so and stay until the dinner items come out.

They may partake of the dinner items while they paid lunch prices but by then they wouldn't be able to eat enough of the dinner items to make a big impact. They'd be pretty full.

Unless they sat there for 2 hours and just looked at each other without eating, lol! To do that with all that wonderful food all around you takes more discipline that I'd ever have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience, like nostresshere says, they change out the offerings over the period of about an hour - a couple of years back I was there about 230 and it looked like they had fully changed over to dinner service at about 345.

They did put out the 'big ticket' items that everyone expects (and they advertise) at the dinner out right on time, I'm sure to avoid complaints as others have said, and gradually change out the secondary items at a leisurely pace that doesn't create a disruption on the lines as a whole (so there's no gaps anywhere during the process).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.