1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does Mlife have a Japanese Teppanyaki style Restaurant on the Strip.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vwhiten, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal Interesting and rude are not the same thing.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I apologize if I misspell anything in this post. I am too lazy to google the correct spelling. We have been to Benihana's at Westgate and really enjoyed it. My husband wants to go back in January. I see where Benihana is also in the Fashion Show Mall -- I guess they took over the restaurant that was there.

I thought I would try to get him to go to an mlife one if possible. Nothing too expensive -- as in $100 for two before tip and no alcohol. It would have to be one that had the table around the grill. -- I am not a person that has to have a unique and ethereal dining experience. -- Not knocking those who do. I like new things but the grumpy man I am married to is a steak and potato guy -- that I actually got him to go to Benihana's a couple of years ago and that he liked it was one giant step for him.

One reason for mlife is I would like to rack up points - so if I am going to eat out, it might as well be an Mlife. But would consider other suggestions.

2. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. iamsomedude

iamsomedude Low-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, you missed the golden age of Las Vegas teppanyaki by about a decade. Mikado at the Mirage was excellent, with Shintaro at the Bellagio being a close second. Both have since closed down, and the only one I would recommend would be Mizumi at the Wynn, which is too expensive for your $100 for two limit. If you really need to have teppanyaki in Vegas, Musashi (off the strip) is ok, but at least it's probably better than Benihana. As far as Tetsu at the Aria goes, spicole is right. Tetsu is super expensive, and the portion sizes are absolutely dismal.

4. Valgal

Valgal Interesting and rude are not the same thing.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses. I will probably stick to Benihanas. I guess I shouldn't upset the apple cart. Now just have to decide with Westgate or the Fashion Show Mall. The Fashion Show Mall looks like it would have much better views - looks nice and open. The one in Westgate was kind of dark and dismal. I can't even remember seeing a window from where we were seated.

5. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is Tetsu still open? If it is, I know it is supposed to close soon. Shibuya at MGM is gone now. Can't think of any other at MGM properties. Mizumi at Wynn is the best on the Strip. But none of these fit the OP's budget. If you ever want to spend a bit more, go with Mizumi (the price will likely be $150 or so before tip and alcohol)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.