1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does anybody else think about changing hotels right up until you leave?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by rhubba78, Mar 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhubba78

rhubba78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the first time in years that we do not have an entire stay comped. We currently have booked a Mirage Suite for $86 night plus all the glorious fees. We then have a one bedroom terrace fountain view at Cosmo for two nights (comped and then $80 a night for the upgrade) I keep changing my mind on what to do for the first two nights. We feel really screwed by MLIFE, but really like The Mirage. I keep looking at TI (no resort fees), We could do MyVegas for free nights at NYNY, Monte Carlo, or Mandalay Bay. I know I am driving my wife nuts with all the possibilities. We really probably just stick with The Mirage, since we are going to eat at Samba, see Love and also have Mirage buffets through MyVegas. I just hate paying or rooms.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I've got a rate locked in, I'll keep checking for that hotel as well as the ones in the general area where the others in my group are staying up until a few days before my flight. If I find a better deal at a different hotel that fits my needs, I'll jump all over that or at least give it some consideration.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do some comp seeding at TI and CET on your next trip.

4. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked my hotels two months ago, flight is in three weeks. Staying for 10 days and switching twice. Have already rebooked Bally's twice because of lower rates. Got a super deal at Golden Nugget thru a 3rd party site but will probably be checking rates all around until days before my flight

rhubba78, have you done Samba previously? Very interested in this place

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  5. BobLasVegas

BobLasVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would consider changing hotels up to the last minute. If I got a much better deal, I am outta there!

6. rhubba78

rhubba78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not, but I love meat, and we are going to see Love afterwards, so it sounded good. They also have a bogo on MyVEGAS.

7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having a hotel at the right rate lined up is part of my decision to pull the trigger on airfare. If I luck into a better deal once I book, I have no issues changing but I don't keep shopping it.

8. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have and still do look at hotels even though I am booked and am comped my whole stay. Double check Myvegas, they had some 2 rewards that you maybe able to get and save some change.

9. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slightly different query - I tend to always stay at the Grand Chateau or GrandView (have time share in Florida and swap it every year) however I also always book at least one night in another hotel for a bit of variety - normally at the other end of the strip. Previous trips I've used MyVegas for Mandalay Bay, Luxor and Mirage - but have even spent a night directly across the road at the Cosmopolitan just to try it out. On the next trip I may try out the MGM Grand or Wynn... Does anyone else do this?

10. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Small price to pay for what you want. Seems like a mental struggle over principle of having comped rooms on your trip.

11. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My home base was mirage for a few years. Received a good offer from Bellagio so switched. Now I've been at Bellagio 4 or 5 times. Have equal offers from each but scored a Love ticket on myVegas so was thinking of going back to Mirage. I always buy a suite upgrade from my comp, small price for a huge upgrade. It think the upgrade is easier at Mirage but I really enjoy the service and food at Bellagio. The fountain view suite is the best in Vegas. The suite at Mirage has a fridge, only penthouse at Bellagio has fridges. Last birthday at Bellagio I had a Cypress suite that cost a bundle, was a spectacular room but only the 8th floor so no fountain action. The only good view of water were the pools of the high rollers in the villas. Right now I'm sticking with Bellagio because I don't want my offers to dry up and I'm afraid I'd be disappointed in Mirage after so many years.

Long winded way to say I understand.

12. rhubba78

rhubba78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you are exactly right. We've given MLIFE 90% of our play since we started going to Vegas. I know it's just business, but we feel like they have giving us a big FU. We like their stuff though.

13. rhubba78

rhubba78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have stayed at Aria the last couple of trips. It is nice, but it is just not for us.I guess I'm afraid to try somewhere like TI, because I do not want to spend our vacation staying somewhere where we may be disappointed, and could have been somewhere nicer for a few dollars more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every hotel in Vegas has very nice rooms. You should go on YouTube and checkout different room reviews to see if other properties have things that fit your taste. You don't have to live out your entire Vegas lifestyle confined to one property. Live a little.

15. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 24 nights of comped hotel nights sitting in front of me right now. I am only going for 17 days. Who to exclude? Unbelievably, I am cutting out the nicest places (including the 2 nights at Red Rock - my favorite Las Vegas property). It's just the way this trip is working out. I will be kicking myself as I lay in that bed at the 4Qs thinking I could be in a much better bed and room at Red Rock, M, or GVR right now. Still trying to see how I can juggle it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.