1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you bother with noise complaints?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by bdautch, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I worked at a large hotel for awhile. I worked in security. Noise complaints were the worst to deal with. People always mouthy. They used to make us go to the room. Funniest one is people were being loud i knocked on the door. They opened it and it was two large women in lingerie adult toys on the bed along with a skinny guy who probably weight like 150. Had a hard time keeping a straight face. Another time this lady kept calling said people were being loud. I went to the room four old black guys playing cards not loud at all. I knocked said hey someone is complaining but you aren't being loud. She called again. I looked up the room it was the Four Tops music group. I called them said guys do whatever you want you are legends. They weren't being loud though.

Anyways I don't call unless it is ridiculous with the noise. If it is out of control I just asked to be moved if security can't quiet them down. My pet peeve is the jerks who knock on doors running down the hallway. I usually open the door and tell them to STFU.

2. Vegas dougie

Vegas dougie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never complained, as my girlfriend and i tend to get a little loud at various times......
    So no i would complain.:thumbsup:

3. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never complained but been close. As a general rule I don't mind if there's a full scale party orgy next door but the thing I hate the most is when people leave their music/TV max volume and leave the room for a long period of time. I have had that happen a few times and I'm leaning towards not letting it happen again.

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't, but I would. I am of the opposite opinion. Yes, it's a party town, and that means there are plenty of places to party without doing it in the room. I have been at suite level for a while, and they are typically quieter, but when I was in regular rooms, it was mostly hallway noise I encountered, or club noise. Not much you can do about either of those.

5. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I'm usually shot when I hit the pillow -
    But I have complained,
    Someone was screaming, in conversation, in the next room.
    I let it go,,,,,,,,for too long,
    I either called security or banged on the adjoining door to STFU !
    It stopped,
    I did like the post where security gave up the room number of the complaint party !

6. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

I agree with this. You literally have an entire city to be loud in. STFU in the place people SLEEP!

7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once slept right through a rocket and mortar attack when I was in Vietnam, so not a whole lot bugs me.

Two things got to me, but I didn't call security.

The first was an Hispanic couple at Harrah's who had a loud, haranguing, knock down, drag out fight at 3 A.M. Finally, the door thunderously slammed, followed by a male voice speaking loudly in Spanish heading off down the hallway. It sort of scared me and I don't scare easily.

Another was at The Mirage where a gaggle of Hispanic chicks had a loud party going into the wee hours. I swear I am not profiling, it just seems that all the best arguments happen in Spanish. I wish I knew what they were saying, it's probably funny. Anyway, the thing I remember most is that they ordered a HUGE tray of chips and salsa, ate maybe 25% of it, and then pushed the cart out into the middle of the hallway. I actually moved it back against the wall the next morning. How many people walked around it, God only knows. The kicker is that the cart sat there for two entire days before it was removed and this on the Tower Deluxe level, which you would think had some sort of class. The girls were actually cute things when I passed them in the hallway and were muy caliente in their little bikinis.

8. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did complain once when the neighbor left the TV full blast and wasn't in the room and if I remember it was on the movie review channel so I'm getting all the slam bash highlights...I'm such a light sleeper. Housekeeping turned it off for me.

9. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other time I almost complained was just recently. I'm a mother, an older one but still a mother. Suite next to me had a crying child late at night while I'm attempting sleep...sounded pretty young..like I'd say well under 6, and child cried for 45 min? at least,,,and I heard no words of comfort, or yelling to shut up,,so was worried perhaps the parents were elsewhere and kid was there solo...I almost called, cause the wails coming out of that kid were frantic..I went out into the hallway to see perhaps if the young one was in the hallway and was locked out of the room or something...After a while the child calmed...I'm thinking someone else called...I shoulda...

10. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i would never complain because like you said.. If i wanted peace and quiet then i would look elsewhere like a beach resort or whatever.. But maybe if I complain enough I will get my room for free :p

11. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am normally out like a rock when sleeping in Vegas, so it doesn't disturb me. The alcohol + the fact that I am running around all day puts me SOUND asleep. To answer your question, yes, I would, if it was excessive.

July 19th - July 24th
  12. Wall St Nole

Wall St Nole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to on my last trip at MC. I mean the walls were already paper thin so the drinking, music, banging and then...the other banging was too much. I think it was around 1:30 AM which i know is nothing in Vegas but if you are drinking and playing music just go to the club. My wife was pissed!!!

13. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never 'formally' complained... but one time, many years ago at the Stardust, the 2AM 'party' noise in the room next to mine was just plain over-the-top... I have no idea what they were doing, but it was incredibly loud... finally, after about 20 minutes of this non-stop, I banged on my wall and yelled (quite loudly), "C'mon guys! Give me break, will ya?"
    I actually got a civil reply (amazing, huh?), when one guy shouted back, "sorry, man."...
    The party continued, but at a tolerable noise level.

Annual Spring Trip!
  14. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had to do it once.
    It was about midnight vegas time (which is about 3am eastern which is our normal time)
    Family next door had 2-3 kids under 5 years old. (WTF are they doing in Vegas as well as being up so late)
    They continually ran up/down the hall stomping their feet.
    Also, continually going in/out their room. As you know, these room doors purposely close with a loud thud to ensure visitors don't forget to close it.
    Had to get up very early for the flight home so there was no drinking that night to help fall asleep.
    It took about 20 minutes for someone to come up and talk to them but that pretty much did it.

15. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I have complained once. security shut them down immediately.

If I know the exact room, usually adjoining, I exact my revenge the next morning. I'm an early riser so I will call their room about 6am....then another call from the lobby about 30 min later.

Don't know what it dones to my neighbors but i feel some satisfaction. Me= bad person

16. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On our trip to the Delano this past Saturday, I heard a bunch of hooting and hollering from our bed which means it was pretty loud as the noise has to go through the living room and through our bedroom. I looked out the peephole and literally there was about 15 girls piling out of the room across from me. I counted them and that was just the number of girls that left the door. I'm sure some stayed back.

Given it was only 5 p.m. I didn't do anything as they can be as loud as they want but if it were past 10-11 I would easily have called security. Thankfully it was peace and quiet that night.

It must've been the rally point for women just before heading over to Excalibur to see Thunder Down Under.

17. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will be surprised by what you can get for "inconvenience"

18. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's amazing how loud a large group of women can be, especially if they've been drinking. (No offense meant ladies)

As for general noise complaints, I've never had to make one. It's Vegas so it's somewhat expected. I'm also usually on the suite/penthouse level, so traffic is minimal and you're typically dealing with a little older demographic (meaning not many 20 somethings). However, there is a limit to everything. If you're loud in the middle of the night because you're coming or going and drunk, no big deal. It'll be over before security could do anything anyways. If you're loud because you're trying to party in your room at 3AM? I'm going to call. It's Vegas, there is better places to drink than your hotel room, and they wont' disturb your neighbors. If you're loud because you're having fun with your SO, well again, it's likely to be done long before security gets there.

Worst case scenario is that when you get up in the morning (I'm usually up around 6:00 as I'm on EST), just turn your TV up as loud as you can in the morning while you get ready, and if you're extra annoyed, leave it on after you leave.

19. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have called downstairs once. Thank goodness it has been the only time I have ever really been bothered by noise.
    Around 2007 at MGM Grand, after 2am, the adjoining room next door had a party going, complete with weed smell into the hall. I called the front desk to ask for a different room. "I know it's Vegas so people want to party, but would you happen to have another room for us so we can sleep?"
    Security showed up in five minutes and we were asleep in ten.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.