1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do Other People Book Like This?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by smerrian, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just finished booking my Spring trip to LV. 17 days total with a 14 day rental car ($322). Here are my hotel rooms:
    2 nights - Golden Gate
    5 nights - Bally's
    2 nights - Gold Coast
    3 nights - D
    2 nights - South Point
    2 nights - Red Rock
    2 nights - 4 Queens
    All rooms are comped, many with free play and/or food. It seems like a lot of jumping around. I understand people that come in for 5 days or less just want to stay at one hotel, but do the people that come in for over a week jump hotels like this? I don't do this on any other trip destinations, just LV. How do you book LV for over a week? Oh, everything I pack fits into a carry-on bag.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 nights Cal $100 food and $225 FP
    4 nights Rio
    4 nights MSS $100 food and $225 FP
    3 nights Mirage plus use some myvegas rewards
    All comped except have to pay resort fee at Rio and Mirage. 16 days. About $245 Resort fee unless I can get some taken off at checkout.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On a 6/7 day trip we usually do at least two hotels. Sometimes three. Sometimes the 3rd or 4th is only to get some comps and we never sleep in the room.

We can only handle up to one week, and need at least 3 nights in a room before moving.

4. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We come over for 14 nights and on a couple of occasions have stayed 7 nights in 2 hotels, but found even that a total pain! By the time you take check out and check in times into account it eats into holiday time. Completely different if you're comped at various hotels of course.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A week on the strip and a week downtown

• Like Like x 1
  6. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the first multiple location trip for us. Just doing it for the $100 freeplay and Resort Credit at NYNY. Kind of regretting it already but we will see

Fall Spectacular...
  7. robron

robron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually do 10 nights, 5 on the Strip and 5 Downtown. I don't know if I would want to move more than two times. This is the first trip that we are staying in one place for all 10 nights. Not sure if I am going to like it or not. It always seemed like we had multiple vacations in one when we would move someplace different.

8. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have the two key items covered: you have a car and you travel light. With those two handled, changing hotels is NBD. We do it at least half the time.

The downside for me is that my wife gets to compare places closely, and she has expensive tastes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas is the only place that Mrs. LV and I do this as well. We do it solely for the comps and may, or may not actually spend a single night in a hotel. We'll be double-booked at the D for 3 nights and Flamingo for 3 nights. The final night overlaps with a Luxor check-in.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're mostly stay-putters. But we certainly have had trips when we've bounced around. Nothing to the extent of seven in 14, however.

11. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once did 4 hotels in 4 nights. ONCE. ;) I do not recommend it. It felt like I spent my whole trip in a check-in/out line.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done 3 hotels in a 4 night trip once, but that was because it was originally supposed to be 2-in-a-3-night and I spontaneously decided to go a night early. It was a royal pain in the ass, and now that I get a bit of love from MLife I mostly stay put unless there's a compelling reason not to.

13. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I drive in, so it's no big deal. Upcoming trip:

Friday: Cosmo with $725 free play and $100 dining credit.
    Saturday: Tropicana with $575 free play.
    Sunday/Monday: Cromwell with $900 free play.

• Like Like x 1
  14. blue808

blue808 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last couple of trips we've extended our once a year trip to 10 days... 2 nights on the Strip (comp), 5 nights Downtown (3 comp), and 2 nights at the Gold Coast (comp).

We really enjoy moving around as we get to experience the different "flavors" of the city. During our Downtown stay we usually wander away for an overnight at another off strip property to check it out and see if we'd like to spend more time there. For example, this last trip we "wandered" over to Laughlin for an overnighter... it was fun, and when we got back Downtown our room at MSS was waiting for us... an easy, convenient and inexpensive adventure for us.

We end our trip at the Gold Coast..nice place plus we get to check out the Palms and Rio... and it's closer to the airport than Downtown for our exit... Lyft makes it even cheaper...

• Like Like x 1
  15. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm coming in and out of town via the WAX (single carry-on bag). That makes the trip even cheaper...and the car rental is not at McCaran...which makes the trip even cheaper. Frugal, frugal, frugal.

• Like Like x 3
  16. pultzar

pultzar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4/12 - 2 nights Flamingo
    4/14 - 2 night 4 queens
    4/16 - 2 nights cosmo
    4/18 - 1 night the D

We have beautiful, new, old, cheap, big, small, strip, downtown all covered. Love doing this!!!

17. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done 4 hotels in 6 nights. a "free" room is hard to turn down. I never fully unpack. I am a late sleeper. the only time that I really mind it is if I don't feel like waking up to checkout and move.

18. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think what you doing is fine... especially if it's free!!! Last year we stayed for 8 nights and 9 days....we stayed 4 nights at Aria and 4 nights at Mirage and it worked out perfect, feels like you are in new vacation each time when you check in!!! Have a great time....how the heck you accomplished 17 days of vcacatiom!!! That's what I want to know lol

19. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Long is good. Any getaway is a good getaway, but when you can get on either side of three weeks, or more, that is a thing of beauty. (Just not in Vegas, not for us.)

20. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did something like that once.
    3 days at the Palms
    1 day at the Palms Place
    1 day at the the Flamingo
    3 days at Planet Hollywood

Although your trip sounds way more epic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.