1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do CET offers/free rooms expire after 2 years of no trips?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by dfalk, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all, after a year hiatus I'm back! Me and some friends and planning a trip in May to stay at the Flamingo, I have my 4 nights comped, however my 3 friends do not.

The last time they were there was back in Nov of '14. When I logged into all 3 of their accounts to look at the rate calendar their prices are about $10 cheaper than a non total rewards member. 2 of these friends are married and I even added 1 of them as a companion and it still didn't change the price. I feel this is odd since I've been to Vegas with this group many of times and they have always got comped rooms at CET since joining TR.

So I'm wondering is it just cause they haven't been to Vegas in over 2 years that they are not getting free rooms?

Also I forgot to ask, is Hunter still a CET host? I saw he was back on this board but hasn't made any new posts since Oct. He actually helped me out on that trip back in Nov, I emailed him but haven't heard back.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like many businesses... I think at some point they just give up on some suckers - err.. I mean customers. LOL!

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had some fairly big lapses in play in the past and not lost calendar comps.

But CET comps for the same levels of play in general are lower now than they were then. And there is also some sort of age thing on play that goes into their calculations.

I would guess that the issue may be that their last trip was lower play than previous ones, and with such a big gap it counts against them more. But can't say for sure. TR is funny.

Last year I had a buddy sign up for a card, added him as companion and it better my comps even though he had never played. He played on that trip and his impact on my rates is about the same as it was then.

If you want to see if they have anything comped or really discounted at all check the December '17 rates. If they are only $10 or less discount then, then TR is basically treating them like nobodies.

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this and ya the discount is about $5 a night. Looks like they are shit outa luck for this trip then.

5. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes Hunter is still a host. His days off are Wednesday and Thursday.

6. killswamper23

killswamper23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hadn't played at any CET properties for a few years at all of the sudden I had random comp nights available mon-fri in Vegas so I booked three weeks worth -the max it would let me book.

I had never given them much action anyway.

The weird thing is most weeks showed comps available for a long time.After a few months,but before my first trip all of those comp days disappeared but I am still able to use what I booked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.