1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Disappointed w/MGM property's comping cigarettes & cigars rules

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Drewm1972, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I have played and stayed at MGM property's just last week; MB &a Aria -
    I play game of baccarat at their HL room and past trips I remember getting cigarettes &a cigars totally comped but I just found out during last week trip, now they are taking out of express comps! I hear about they cutting back in drinks.

They are being very cheap in my opinion... what are they planning to do next?? Getting sick of mlif being cheap...; I bought carton of cigarettes using EC and cost me $140 per what a bunch horse shit that was!!

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, but as someone with 1.8K in EC's with nothing to spend them on, happy to hear you can use them to buy cigs. I know there was a previous thread on here a long time ago, but can't remember. How or where can you do this?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always been able to get comped cigs at MLife properties both at the tables and in the HL slot room. It seems to depend on the mood of the pit supervisor or slot supervisor as to whether ECs are used or if it's a straight company. I've never cared as I never use ECs for anything else.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I smoke like a chimney in Vegas lol I guess I should play at MLife. I don't even have a card for them yet. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least you can use Express Comps for them. Not as good as total comp, but it is something.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can use it at davidoff @ MB and MGM just those two stores. You can spend up to $500 per visit .. and of course you make make several visit per day :) so last week I bought like 4 cartons and some cigars etc

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  7. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why don't you use it at restaurants and shows? That's what I did.

8. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i can not imagine you smoke like chimney lol good girl gone wild!! Did you ever make it to baccarat tourney at Venetian? I wanted to but timing didn't work out.

9. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So at Mandalay Bay they also have used E C and other property (supposedly) they use E C if you have more than enough. In my case, at my local MGM they still offer E C on table games so I usually max out $5k EC then I try to use it in Vegas. So when they saw my EC I think they decided to take it out, what I got pissed was...so I would ask for cigarettes and when waitress bring it I tip her $5 and they take $14 EC out so I end up paying $19 per !!! (thinking it was straight comped)

10. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, unfortunately I have yet to return to Vegas since spring. Taking the responsibility route as we are closing on a new house in next few weeks. Boo! I am having withdrawals.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    congratulations on a new house!!! Getting more rooms for those birds? I can not imagine letting those birds into your new house lol. My wife she doesn't like birds she would freak out if birds came near her.

12. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My food and shows are comped so I don't need to use ECs. Someday I'll figure out which, if any, retail stores take them and try to use them up buying stuff I really don't need.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol Less acreage as the new house only has 12 ( I have 25 now), but more useable acreage. My house now is surrounded by water and waterfalls on 3 sides. There is barely any flat ground for my coops and aviaries. I'm excited as the new place has a started orchard and I'm adding plum, cherry, and peach trees. As well as my very favorite tree the Hardy Almond. It has a beautiful pink flower in Spring and produces nuts in usually 2 years. Almonds are expensive and with the amount of baking I do it will save me a bunch of money down the road. I'm putting indoor lemon, lime, and fig trees as well with planters to match my interior. Thank you and I'm excited but it's unfinished which is why we stole the place, so it needs a lot of work. It will be beautiful when I'm done with it over the next year or so. My separate garage is bigger than most people's entire house. lol I'll never see my husband again. ;) Sorry OP for derailment.

• Like Like x 3
  14. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with @Drewm1972 Mlife being very cheap. It used to be really comped. I saw it happened too many times. Of course if you just sit down play very little, the pit boss would tell you he had to use your EC. But I think that's not the case for Drewm1972.
    A pack of cigs is much cheaper than a cheap off-Strip buffet, why being so stingy to the high rollers in HL room?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 626_gambler

626_gambler Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree. Just got back from a 3 night trip to aria/bellagio. Buddy of mine plays bac, and I play paigow poker. Every now and then I'd go in the HL bac room, and the pitboss would auto get me couple packs of cigs. My friend bets anywhere from 100 to 1k a bet. I think it just depends on the pitboss.

16. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe they are taking comp dollars out from your acct or your buddy...only reason they took out my express comps because I have lot of it... where I play in Michigan at MGM Grand they still offer express comps on table games so they utlitize your express comps first... MGM has been changing their comp sysytem lately, likely no more earning express comps on table games in Vegas; just FYI my minimum bet on baccarat is $400 and avg $ 700 if not higher during times when I played at before in Vegas.

17. 626_gambler

626_gambler Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think they did. Before the last trip, my ec was at 3.20, and after the trip it was 5.89. my buddy's was 1.20 before the trip, and after. I've never earned ECs at table games, it's VP for me. Well, next trip should be coming up soon for me, i have the itch to go back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.