1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dinner best time

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by BRVegas, Aug 11, 2019.

1. BRVegas

BRVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be in Vegas for the NYE Week. We are going to some shows. All of them starts 7PM. Do you think it's better (more or less crowded) if we have dinner before or after the shows? We have two daughters (13 and 11). Thanks.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, if you plan on eating BEFORE, eat that the same venue where the show is, and make sure to mention that you are attending a show to the waiter and ensure that he can comply with your wishes. Seating (not getting there) at 5:30 should give you enough time.

IF you plan to eat afterwards, give them a snack at about 4:30 or 5, just enough to tide them over until after the show, plus the time it takes to get to your desired dining place.

This is all based on my experience in taking my (then) 10 year old son. Women could be about 100 times worse (times 3). :eek:

Oh, and if you're going to be there NYE week, MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE RESERVATIONS wherever you're eating.

Bangkok, Resort World Genting, and MGM Cotai
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All good suggestions from DaiLun. I was going to add that we try not to do a big dinner at a good restaurant and a show on the same night simply because the time doesn't work fot us. To do the show at 7, you have to eat at 5ish---too early and then sit for several hours with the food sitting in your stomach. The other option is 9:30-10 which makes finishing after 11 too late.

To us, eating a great meal is the evening's entertainment.

With two daughters you would have to decide what works best for them.

4. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always go to early shows and schedule dinner for 9:15-9:30 as the shows typically are 90min.
    With a 13 and 11 year old that will be tough.
    Late ,late lunch is the best suggestion.
    Like DaiLun said , make reservations ,it will be very busy.
    I already tried to make reservations for my group that will be there for NYE but it is too early.
    They all said call back in Oct.
    BTW be prepared for surge pricing.

5. BRVegas

BRVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the greats advices. We are not planning to do very fancy restaurants. The majority of the places we planed doesn't have reservations. So I think it is better to eat early (arrive 5 and start at 5:30PM at the same hotel as the show). I think at that time the restaurants will be less crowded, am I right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe so.

7. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure they will be less crowded, but that week is pretty crazy, so they will still be crowded.