1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dining Solo - Since Reopening

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by hattrick225, Jun 27, 2020.

1. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only run into a few restaurants that won't take reservations via OpenTable/Mlife's website for solo's.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree and I use Open Table 99% of the time in Vegas. Actually, that's pretty much the only place that I use it as I seldom eat out in NYC. Go figure. LOL.

A couple of times something quirky will happen and I'll try and make a reservation for one and it won't process, even when it shows availability. The few times in years that that has happened, I make the reservation for two but then indicate in the notes that I will be solo so there are no surprises. Never an issue. Actually, I think it is BETTER to use Open Table if you are traveling alone. Like I said before, I love that the app gives you a reminder one hour and then I think 30 or 15 minutes before your reservation. If I had to remember that on my own I'd be too late way too many times. LOL.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Celebrating Life, Family + Friends in Our Beloved Vegas + the Great SW
    • Like Like x 2
  3. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice tip, might have to give that a try in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the great tips/feedback on Open Table! Very helpful for a newbie like me!

5. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Openable, I use it in Vegas and other places when I travel. I sometimes use at home but mostly for restaurants that I don't go to regularly. Right now I haven't eaten out for a while. I've ordered a few times from Uber Eats to deliver.
    Solo dining hasn't been a problem in Vegas nor AC in the past. I've dropped into places at about 6PM to see if they'll seat me. I've done at Ramsay Steak in Vegas several times and few other places. I've also done it at Nero's and Ramsay Steak in AC no problem on a Saturday night.