1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dilemma

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by rickjt62, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickjt62

rickjt62 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all

Not really a dilemma in the big picture, but here goes

We are in Vegas for 12 nights in Aug/Sep

I am MLife Plat so get good corporate offers from them

As things stand, we're in a Bellagio Suite for five nights, three comped, followed by a Siena at Palazzo for four nights comped.

I have a great offer in my MLife account for Aria, with Sky Suites accommodations, $1k fp + $450 fb ... however, it is a deluxe room but with all of the Sky Suites amenities, like limo, lounge etc

I would love for the last three nights to be in a suite as it would end our vacation on a high; however, with no guarantee on the day of paying for an upgrade to either a 1 or 2 bed Sky Suite, and no host at Aria, what do I do to secure a better room?

I'd willingly pay the additional monies required to upgrade our Deluxe to a large Suite but is it allowed within the MLife scheme of things?

End of dilemma :)

2. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just give them a call and see what happens. Honestly, for $1k in free play, I would take ANY room and be happy with it!

• Like Like x 1
  3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a dilemma I wished I had :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    why don't you book it as-is ... and when you are in vegas, walk into the host office at Aria and talk to someone there and see if they could work something out for you?
    probably the best way to handle it

especially if you put in some play for a day or two to show that you are maintaining your level of play

• Like Like x 1
  5. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's say you had two offers:

Offer 1 was $1k free play and a suite at Excalibur.
    Offer 2 was a deluxe room/Sky Suites and $450 fb at Aria.

THEN you would have a dilemma.

NOW you just have a phone call to make to the Aria hosts office.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, call either VIP Services or Sky Suites reservations and take a shot. MGM properties generally do not upgrade comped rooms in advance, so I don't think your chances are too good. They want to hang onto the rooms until the last second hoping they will sell at full price.

But you should be able to do it at check-in, unless of course they're booked solid. But then you have to sweat it out.

If they turn you down over the phone, another option would be to take a walk over to Aria one of the last couple of days that you're staying at Bellagio, go up to the Sky Suites front desk and see if they'll do it then. It's a little harder to turn you down when you're standing there in front of them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rickjt62

rickjt62 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for input .... I know it's not a dilemma in the real sense of the word but would like to end my trip on a high

Ironically, my host at Mirage emailed me with a Penthouse offer, $1k, $700 fb + limo yesterday evening so I have many options; Chuck2009x ... thanks - I think that your suggestion is the way forward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.