1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Diamond Tier Credits

Discussion in 'Comps' started by WVUCarter, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WVUCarter

WVUCarter Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did anyone else have all their tier credits with TR disappear? I’m diamond and had ~ 22k and now zero.

2. Astribling

Astribling VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup! First of January you start back at zero. You do keep your reward credits though.

I Love Christmas + I Love Vegas - Combine Them, Yes Please!
    I Love Christmas + I Love Vegas - Combine Them, Yes Please!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. WVUCarter

WVUCarter Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok figured as much but wanted to confirm. So much for free diamond lounge access in March

4. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you earned Diamond in 2018. you should keep it through 2019.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, with your 22K diamond tier points you will remain diamond for all of 2019 and still have access to the diamond lounge throughout the year.
    Had you made 25K tier points you could have had access to the diamond lounge COMPLETELY FREE for all of 2019. Something to consider when collecting points in 2019 for your access in 2020.

6. Wallew

Wallew High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those sumbitches took mine away too. Two more years and I could have made seven stars.

“I could have been a contender”

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  7. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With 22k tier credits earned in 2018, you will be diamond thru Jan 31, 2020.

To maintain diamond past that dates you will need to earn 15k tier credits between now and Dec 31, 2019.

Currently, the diamond lounge will cost you 1k reward credits per entry, and another 1k if you bring a guest.

As another poster mentioned, if you earn at least 25k tier credits in a calendar year, the diamond lounge will then become free for the rest of that year and the next.

8. westcanguy

westcanguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort and expense to get 25k in tier credits just to have free access to the Diamond lounges. While I do like the lounge at PH, I find the rest to be crowded with usually poor service. Food choices are very limited and it can be a chore to get 2 drinks out of the servers. I'm happy to have Diamond status to avoid resort fees, quicker access to many restaurants and the celebration dinner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. PTSailor

PTSailor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My account reset (17K TCs last calendar year) and I'm only showing Diamond "UNTIL January 31, 2019" Shouldn't I have that status through 1/31/2020?

I was looking to drop out of the Founders Card this year, but don't want to do that if I have to re-earn Diamond each year (for that present year, as opposed to the succeeding one)

Edited to add:

Just found this on the site...

"Your Tier Score is the amount of Tier Credits you earn in a calendar year. Tier Credits are used to determine your Tier Status: Gold, Platinum, Diamond or Seven Stars.

The Tier Score you earn from January 1 – December 31 qualifies you for your Tier Status from the date earned through the remainder of the year, all of the next year and through January 31 of the following year. For example; if you reach 15,000 Tier Credits in July of 2018, you will remain at Diamond status until January 31, 2020.

In January accounts are reviewed. Accounts that maintained or are eligible for upgrade in status will be processed throughout the month. It may take an additional 72 hours to show on-line. New cards will be available at this time as well."

So looks like the date should be updated sometime in Jan... I'll just wait and see.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  10. Wallew

Wallew High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moving forward I only plan on hitting the 15k mark with CET. My local is AC and my play gets me way more in comps at Hard Rock and Golden Nugget it’s not funny.

I will keep CET in the mix but they are no longer my one and only.

• Like Like x 1
  11. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Starting next month (or maybe at the tail end of this month) your account will update to say that you are diamond through Jan 31, 2020

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. smerrian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reason to get 25,000 tier with CET:
    HR and GN don't wave the resort fees for you when you stay overnight in AC or LV. For an average of 14 nights in AC and LV throughout the year, that's a lot of money.
    HR and GN charge $10comp to enter their lounges, CET is completely free with 25,000 tier. That adds up to a lot of $comps when you're there often.
    At CET I don't have to use my $comp for anything. Room, Full Buffet and Bar are free.
    ...and so I save my comps and convert them to Wyndham Rewards (which matches you to Wyndham Diamond Status, their highest) and I get free NON-GAMBLING hotel rooms around the country and the world. Wyndham Rewards are good at all of their chains such as Wingate, Ramada and La Quinta.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wallew

Wallew High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stay at Hard Rock AC for $0. I don’t even get charged taxes.

I also get offers at Hard Rock for free tickets to every concert and comedy show that comes through there. This is a HUGE plus for the wife and I. CET pretty much offers no concerts or comedy shows in AC.

With my oldest of 3 kids going into college next year our traveling budget to Vegas is busted for the foreseeable future. We need to take advantage of who gives us the most entertainment value in our local of AC.

Also one of the big complaints about slot section at Hard Rock when it opened was lack of variety with slots. They are listening to the complaints and the variety has been getting better. They also have full pay VP in the high limit area. Just play a $5 machine and play one credit at a time( same as max bet $1 machine). The Hard Rock high limit area has the best drink service I’ve ever experienced. They have a dedicated bar with multiple waitresses in the high limit room. You get better service that sitting at most bars.

For many AC locals CET makes the most sense. For my situation it it makes sense to split my play going forward. I’ll see how it goes moving forward. If the treatment I’ve been getting at Hard Rock changes I go back to dedicated CET play but for now it is what it is.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  14. smerrian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone has to bend to the situation that fits them best.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. PAGambler

PAGambler Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't figure out how to "like" posts, but just want to say that I appreciate this one. It makes total sense!

16. Maxbet

Maxbet Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just click on the thumbs up emoticon in the right corner. Putting your cursor over each one will give it's meaning, although they are all pretty obvious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.