1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Diamond Reward Show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Jesse, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesse

Jesse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to Vegas next week and wanted to check out one of these shows.

Either Crazy Girls, X Country, X Burlesque or X Rocks.

Which one would you choose and why. I listed these since I will be using my free diamond show. Thank you

• Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. jsadlak

jsadlak Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are everyone's favorites?

• Like Like x 1
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are LOTS of favorites. Many of which others would totally HATE. For example, we loved Wayne Newton. No way in hell would I go the psychic - even if they had an open bar and dancing girls.

With that said, the hard ones to get are either favorites, or they sell enough tickets already. Wayne, Matt and Penn/Teller are often posted as hard to get. I have seen different folks say they loved just about all of them. And many say they thought many of them were a waste.

We had Tenors of Rock last visit but got shitfaced (drinks/gummies) too early and did not make it.

4. monkey

monkey Low-Roller

Penn & Teller for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mat Franco and Mac King

6. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only seen Mac King. But it was pretty damn funny. And the magic was great too. Good for kids, with sneaky innuendos for adults.

7. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Penn & Teller and Matt Franco. I'm gonna checkout Pifft the Magic Dragon next and maybe... just maybe Tape Face at Harrah's.

Hoelidays
  8. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the flamingo box office at 10:00 AM this Monday for a piff ticket And they said they didn’t have any diamond tickets available for the show that night

9. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have enjoyed most of them but certainly not all. The word comp equates into everything.
    I am really glad we saw Jubilee before it closed. The show wasn't particularly all that but other than Wayne hitting the rounds again I feel it was the last Iconic Vegas show available.
    I am surprised how much I enjoyed Menopause but it was about my life so I was quite akin. Hubby (dragged along) laughed too, he was surprised. Guess it hit home for him in a way as well :) We also enjoyed seeing Cindy Williams in it. Schlemiel! Schlimazel!...
    Interestingly, Penn and Teller didn't really do it for me. It was like you could just tell they have been doing the same tricks for years and it showed liked a robo act to me.
    I ask about Matt Franco every time and am told every time they only have 10 tickets a night for monthly free show-goers. Someday hopefully.
    Paranormal was okay. Not amazing, but ok enjoyable enough. They did a good job for what it is. I would go again if we ever run out of shows and seems we don't :)
    I see somebody mentioned Piff above. Meh, Kinda disappointed. A few laughs here and there but oh so predictable. My hubbs wanted to see him after AGT. I surprised him with that one. He was so happy at first and when over we both looked at each other and went well, it was free. Piff seemed to be struggling but we did laugh when he joked about the struggles. The dog, Mr. piffles was super though :)
    Matt King was one of our first and fun for what it is. A good afternoon show. We also liked Jeff Civilco more than we thought we would. laughed tons!

*Now, looking around, hope no one hears* I have really enjoyed the Music ones especially the Bronx Wanderers. Very good show and great music even if you're not into that genre.
    Tenors of rock had me jammin and singing along, but to be honest I was cocktailing quite a bit before soooo.
    We had fun at X rocks and X Burlesque but again drinks do help. Always fun to see some tittys in Vegas, right? :) I think Burlesque had a minor edge though. More comedy.
    We honestly had quite fun at 50 shades of gray parody but then we live a BDSM lifestyle (Ohhh kidding, just seeing who is actually reading all *or am I* :)
    Surprised we have never seen Anthony Cools. I hope to see someone share their view of it.
    Gosh got longer than I thought and there's more but I'm rambling. Will end with THE WORST DO NOT EVER SEE... Miss Behavin!!!!! OMG BAD. The only goodness was Tape Face was in the audience by us. Made for a claim to 'fame' moment.
    Have fun no matter which ones you go to. Remember Alcohol makes everything better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they are doing the same for Piff as they do for Mat Franco. These shows are more popular and sell out. Only 10 free tickets are available per show. That includes diamonds and 7 star and host deals. They go fast and most are probably given via hosts.

11. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only done Piff and Wayne Newton so far. I give the edge to Piff.

12. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen Wayne Newton, and while the voice is long gone, his charisma, witty banter and Old School Vegas vibe definitely live on. I think anyone who has any affinity for the Rat Pack Vegas days should definitely see this show, because Wayne is the last of that era and he won't be performing on the Strip forever.

I have also seen Bronx Wanderers (excellent) and Mat Franco (twice - his show is a ton of fun, and he had different audience participants each time, so the idea that the people he pulls up on stage are planted there can't be possible. There is no way he can train new people every night to take part in his act). I saw him on February 21st when I was in Vegas (I arrived on the morning of the 19th and went to the Box Office and there were two tickets available for that Friday, which surprised me since I know he only gives 10 Diamond tickets per show). I would definitely recommend Mat's show!

As for this new "psychic" (and I use the term loosely). I was actually shocked when I saw one of those trucks go by on the Strip promoting this charlatan. Being a "psychic" is just the latest in a long string of scams and he was arrested for placing ads for apartments on Craigslist and running off with people's deposits, among other things. When his short-lived tv show was on, I was curious, and a simple google search revealed that he is a failed drag queen from Chicago who was busted for stealing rent deposits for non-existent apartments from two people but dozens more came forward saying he swindled them as well. There is no way I would go to this fraud's show under any circumstances!!! Here is an article from the NY Daily News regarding this clown and his crimes:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/celebrity-psychic-thomas-john-scammer-drag-queen-article-1.2304457

• Like Like x 1
  13. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mat Franco or Penn & Teller if you get them - Diamond tickets have limited availability
    Bronx Wanderers is very good also.

14. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Piftft is like Matt Franco tickets. Impossible to get them same day. To have a chance you must go to the box office during the beginning of your Vegas trip to try to get tickets to either of these shows for the last days of your Vegas trip.

Hoelidays
  15. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bumping because I have the same question. Want to see one of these shows using the Diamond vouchers next trip but not sure which one. Anyone who has seen them have any thoughts?

16. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you've seen none, x burlesque is at least ok.

Dont see crazy girls unless they pay you to be there.

Have not seen the other two, but of the two I'd obv only try x rocks, because Rock.

Tentative booking CETDorado farewell tour ends?
  17. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the ones you've listed, I've seen all except Crazy Girls. I would rank them - Burlesque, Rocks, then Country. But I believe X-Rocks is dark until mid-march as they are doing construction on that section of Bally's.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  18. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed Mat Franco immensely. Obtained it for late Fri night on a Wednesday arrival. Was not available last trip- the Diamond tickets were gone for the next 17 days. There seems to be something so very wrong with that. Makes me wonder if locals get them that month for random dates and resell them.

I liked P & T (paid for it)

Really enjoyed Paranormal. I had an awful wrinkled $5 bill that I handed up. Someone else held it and he guessed the serial #. I could barely read the # on it. Not sure how he got it.

Hated Menopause for some reason. Can’t even tell you why.

Miss Human Nature. Saw that around 4 or 5 times. Was so disappointed when they moved to V/P.

19. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea that is a common theme.. Best thing to do is as soon as you get to Vegas get your voucher and go to BO and ask for available seats for whatever show you are hoping to see. Pretty pathetic that they sell out of Diamond Seats imo. I got screwed 2 times out of shows I wanted to see only because it was "free" but they were sold out every time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.