1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Deposit Fee on comped room?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Crash2Man, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash2Man

Crash2Man Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all, I'm heading to Vegas in a week. I have a comped room for 5 nights at Bally's. For the life of me I cannot remember the whole deposit fee policy. I don't think they put any holds on your CC if your room is comped? Can somebody explain?

2. MGinCO

MGinCO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had rooms at MSS and Orleans, and both charged a $100 deposit fee.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a comped room, you won't have to put a deposit down when booking.

When you check in, they will put a hold on credit card for incidentals (room charges, potential damages, etc) and to make sure your card is active. These hold amounts vary from hotel to hotel and some hotels will allow you to not put a hold on your card (though you won't be able to do room charges.) Having the room comped has no baring on whether they charge a hold on your card though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Canuckgem

Canuckgem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am also staying at Bally's (August). According to what I've been told by person booking me in, there is a $50.00 per night "incidentals fee" which can be paid either in cash or via a hold on your cc. At the end of your stay, if you have no charges to your room, the cash is returned to you or the hold is removed from your cc. Have a great time!

5. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly!! They reserved another 400$ on my cc but they told me it would be refunded if i dont use it

vegasnuts going nuts again
  6. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. We usually have about $150 (for each day) in hold charges, but it varies by hotel.

I don't think you would do a debit card, but if you DO it can tie up funds for 7-10 days, so just be aware.

(And don't tell NoStress you used a debit card!:ssst:)

7. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    all the above are correct.
    Technically, CC hold is different from a deposit.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It appears the OP is using a CC and not a debit card - so that problem goes away.

As to the hold on a credit card - unless you have a low limit it should not be an issue. Generally I do not see any hit on the reservation deposit thing, but I do see one when we check in. It goes away a few days after leaving.

As to the EXACT policy - I am not sure there is one. People seem to report different things from time to time.

9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For CET, it varies by hotel. For some of the lower end ones, they will allow you to forgo the hold if you don't plan room charges on comped rooms. For the higher end ones, a credit card hold is required. I don't recall where Bally's falls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.