1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

DELTA JFK-LAS no Delta One choices

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by petevegas, Aug 25, 2021.

1. petevegas

petevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As of this week, no matter what dates I choose for flights from JFK to LAS, Delta One is not even offered to me. Even if i choose Delta One as the only fare class. I have never seen this before. I checked a couple weeks ago and Delta One was still a choice. The phone lines are insane right now , and an online search provided nothing.

i did see a flight , still coded as "first" through LAX which showed lie flat seats.

Wondering if anyone else has come across this

2. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    look carefully at plane type - I searched for JFK - LAS on Sept 13 and the flights are generally on 767-300s where the first class seats show as "lie flat" which implies Delta One.

According to seatguru, all 767-300s at Delta are "Delta One" up in first class, so that type should be Delta One if you book it. I suppose there is a risk that they change the plane on you, but that already existed

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best place to get Delta information is at flyertalk com

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prior to covid, they only had 3 to 5 delta one domestic routes, and none stopped in LAS, most were east coast to Hawaii, and there were I think Boston and Or JFK to LAX, and one out of Miami. They have been offering more due to not flying their overseas planes overseas very often. Theres a good chance they may be opening some more international routes and moving the planes back, or have them penciled in for possible equipment change on the ones you're viewing. But Delta One to LAS was just a covid thing because the planes werent busy. They've been running ATL to LAS as well for several months, and that never existed pre covid either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just because It has lie flat seats does not make it a "Delta One" flight. Delta one will have lie flat seats but also lounge access better meals and better drink selection and a few other perks.
    I would check Flyertalk forums. they know flights like we know vegas

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. petevegas

petevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there was definitely a pre-Covid JFK- LAS Delta One - I personally flew it - this is why i was asking. it was 2 flights a day if I remember correctly. it appeared as Delta One on the booking page - albeit on a narrow body jet - 757-200 had 8 seats in the Delta One class. also appeared on flight selections late as June 2021 on the Delta website which is the last time I flew Delta One ......

i will check Flyer Talk - perhaps it was a marketing thing - branding it as Delta One domestic

flyer talk - that site does know flights like we know Vegas

• Like Like x 2
  9. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no such thing as D1 domestic. It's either Delta One (very few flights, as noted, many changes due to COVID) or first class - and you'll have domestic & international options for both. Also as noted above, the hard product is separate - it's possible you could have a lie flat option for your flight (anywhere, really) but would still just get "domestic first class" because Delta One is a service level, separate from the type of plane & seat you fly.

Flyertalk Delta forum is extremely knowledgeable. Frighteningly so ;-) I love it there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. petevegas

petevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks and true- i didn't mean to imply it was a separate D1 named domestic. it was just D1. and it did exist to LAS. couple oft threads in FT about the JFK-LAS Delta one product, but none about it being discontinued. AFAIK, you don't get the headphones, amenity kits etc. when you fly lie flat seats on a non D1 flight . i'll keep looking as to why it's not offered now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delta was using 767-400’s from Atl to Las for a time. Delta One existed, but the real perk was that the comfort+ was moved to the premium section. That was an nice experience. They have now changed back to mostly 757-300er.

Annual Anniversary and Holiday trip
  12. petevegas

petevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah there is a JFK-LAS through ATL for the dates I want on the A330-200. lie flat seats but not D!..... first world problems :rolleyes2:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    because it doesn't make sense to offer that level of service.

Delta One level service exists on LA to NYC because many corporate accounts are willing to pay business class prices/fare classes for flights of 6+ hours. It's the same reason AA flies that truly unique A321 on SFO and LAX to JFK routes https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/experience/seats/flagship-first-transcontinental.jsp

14. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even without D1 on a lie flat, you'll still get regular delta first class. Not the fancy headphones or linens, but it doesn't suck (to be fair, I haven't been traveling as much so not reading FT as much - can't recall what current first class svc is, but thought they were bringing back warm meals for long flts(1st class) now or Sept?)

15. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. My info may be older or newer. I'd looked not too long before covid came around, some time in late 2019 or early 2020 and both Delta's web site and a recent at the time article on points guy or seatguru sites both listed the same 4 or 5 flights as the only D1 domestic routes. All but 2 ended in Hawaii at the time, and the other 2 were from east coast to LAX.

I did fly a Delta One lie flat seat from LAS to ATL on my most recent flight, on a 764 coming home in July. Oddly, it had the purple background and listed as Delta One on the site when I made the purchase, but was listed as First on the itinerary later, and First printed out on the boarding pass, had the delta one logo stitched in my seat headrest, and I did get the awesome headphones, but no amenity kit, and no departure lounge access (I had asked because it was a redeye and I was going to take advantage of the lounge if included). Oddly enough the drink selection on that flight was limited to a minimal premix selection from a menu, whereas my outbound flight, which was a standard 757, had full liquor trays and everything made by hand, order whatever you want, but no fancy headphones and no pod / lie flat seating.

16. petevegas

petevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UPDATE
    so i asked the question on flyer talk:
    the JFK-LAS route has now been pulled from D1 revenue fare rules as of 8/19. The same date that JFK-SAN was pulled. When it was in the fare rules, 763/764 equipment would be marketed as D1. Now that the route is no longer in the fare rules, all flights will be marketed as FC regardless of equipment type.

at least I know now that i wasn't going crazy.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Explain like I am 5 please: can I lay down flat or not?

18. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will show when you book if it’s lie flat or not. It varies with plane type.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!! I don't care about all the extras, I just want to lie down.

20. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I can buy a lie down flat ticket, but it won't let me pick seats because the fare type doesn't match. I'm technically booking first class, but it is technically Delta One. Keep getting error messages