1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Delano Room Choice

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Dearns, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all.

Since us UK travellers have been given the green light to visit the US again, my wife and I have decided to bring forward our next trip from 2023 for my 40th to 2022 for our 10 year anniversary. I have 4 nights comped in any room at Delano so our decision has come down to a Strip View King Suite or a Scenic Suite. Am I right in thinking that the rooms are pretty much the same and the only difference is like comparing a Cosmo wraparound to a Cosmo fountain view? There's only a 16 sq. ft. difference in size so I don't think that would be a deciding factor for us.

Dearns

Use 'em or lose 'em! 10th anniversary comp trip
  2. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're taking a longer trip like most of us from the UK, then the scenic suite doesn't have as much storage space, and I would probably go for a the strip king view.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be there for 8-10 nights so we'll have a few cases. That's definitely a big factor for us!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Marky's right that the Scenic Suite has very little storage - just a skinny armoire/freestanding closet.

The other difference is the potential views.

If you get a Strip View room, you are guaranteed to be on the "inside" edge of the building and your view will either be directly north up the strip or at an angle.

The Scenic Suites are on the corners, so there's 4 different views, 2 of which are pretty good, one is OK, and one is meh.

upload_2021-10-3_11-19-17.png

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. willowox

willowox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got back from a stay at Delano. It’s our home base and have stayed there many times- we usually get the strip view room due to storage limitations in the scenic suites as previously discussed. This time we were put into a suite with an extremely small bathroom. It had only 1 sink and a bathtub/shower combination. No TV in the bathroom either. The bathtub was so high that it was treacherous trying to get in and out and there weren’t even skid strips on the floor of it. It was very disappointing-we’ve never had that particular type of room before and definitely will not accept it again.

The hotel was extremely busy while we were there so perhaps that’s why we were given that room. Our room was comped and we are platinum with a VIP host and use the VIP lounge for check-in. We didn’t bother complaining but should have.

So just be aware and don’t let them put you in that type of room!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your replies. Just booked the king suite strip view! Getting a little giddy now because it feels real.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be real when I'm sat on the plane in a couple months :D

Hope you guys have a super anniversary!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Marky. We were last there at Christmas 2019 so almost 4 years until our next trip was a depressing thought! Hope you have a great trip - be interested to hear what is different/the same from when we last went.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was the last time I was there, and it was a random short notice trip for UFC 245. I'm glad I took it, given how long it's been for us all since then!

Will be interesting to see how different things are, if they are at all, really. It'll still be Vegas, so nothing too much to worry about.