1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Degenerate in the making, taking a Minor to Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by darlene, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darlene

darlene Low-Roller

So I asked my granddaughter where she wanted to go for vacation before school starts and so I just booked a trip to Vegas and will be taking my 15 year old granddaughter. I need ideas for things to do with a minor, she wants to make use of the pools as much as possible. I'm looking for those with pool experience to offer suggestions as the the appropriate pools to check out (I just imagine a bunch of drunks peeing and puking in the pools). I have rooms at TI and Linq booked so far but could change if the pools are better elsewhere. Since we live in Florida and have a pool, I haven't checked pools in Vegas before, as I go to play the slots. This trip will be more for my granddaughter, so gambling will be limited to early morning or late night.

2. RibbonCat

RibbonCat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I brought my 17 year old in April. Like you said, teen wanted to sleep in so I had of time to play slots in the mornings because I'm an early riser.

I dont know which pools are drunk and crazy - I suppose any could be lol. We stayed at the Excalibur and the pools were family friendly each time we went.

We went to the Titanic exhibit at the Luxor, the Shark Reef aquarium at Mandalay Bay and a magic show at Bally's. We went to M&M world and the Hershey store and the flamingo habitat at the Flamingo. With those things and add walking just around seeing things and having meals and lounging at the pool late morning/early afternoons our time was full. We didnt make it to the Bellagio or the NYNY Roller Coaster, we ran out of time - but we had done those on a previous trip a couple years before. I think there are tons of things for families to do in Vegas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For pools, Mandalay Bay is the place to be. Sandy beach, wave pool, lazy river.

Linq limits the pool to guests over 21.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the MB recommendation, the wave pool is cool, plus the shark reef is there. Secret garden at Mirage would be something to think about. If she likes rock and roll, Raiding the Rock Vault is a good show for a reasonable price. Pinball museum or mob museum would be a good off the strip option. Maybe Slotzilla if you're both brave enough. She might like the High Roller too. If all else fails, there's the Fashion Show Mall!

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always heard the pool at TI was small and unremarkable. MB has been a popular place for families.

6. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Linq won't be a good fit. Small rooms and Pool limited to adults. Mandalay would be a good family option. MGMs pool and lazy river is nice but the vibe is more adult.

7. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    17 year old girl wanting pool time?
    Strip - Mandalay Bay (Beach)
    Downtown - Golden Nugget (Shark Tank)
    Off Strip - South Point (Bowling & Movie Theater)

8. keithmidwest

keithmidwest Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I Agee with M&M store and Pinball Hall of fame. In n Out burger Belligio fountains

• Like Like x 1
  9. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Orleans has a nice pool Usually plenty of kids there. 18 screen movie theatre, bowling center and huge arcade as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me check with my friend, Nick Papagiorgio.

11. darlene

darlene Low-Roller

Thanks for the suggestions, please keep them coming. I have changed to MB after listening to the suggestions and checking reviews online.

12. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was smart! Lazy River could be a good grandmother/granddaughter bonding time. Just remember that you are at the far south strip so getting to central/north strip could pose an issue, (i.e., lots of walking). Have fun!!

Maybe not this year. Looking forward to 2021!
  13. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight King of no media

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would second the Orleans. There's no fancy waterfall or other gimmick to the pool, but it's not a party scene. Yes, there is alcohol, but it's a very mixed crowd, she'll fit in there.

My other thought would be the Trop if you're looking for an option on the strip, but as noted Excalibur is likely a better bet of the two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.