1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Day 1 of 7

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Patripman, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So the annual trip to sunny Vegas for 7 nights begins at Gold Coast. Flight from Pittsburgh full no empty seats so it was sardine city all the way. So the debate rages on about taking a taxi, Uber or dare I say it a shuttle. So with 1.5 hours to waste I decided taking the Super Shuttle. I just wanted to see for myself all the bad that is placed upon this service. I pre booked arrived and was given a shuttle number wait was less than 10 minutes shuttle arrived and we had one stop Ballys and then to Gold Coast, for $11.00 and tip not bad considering a cab would of been close to $33.50 plus tip. I head they read the bad reviews and are making every effort to get customers to their destination without all the hassle. I watched 1 customer board a shuttle alone to Freemont street. Anyway the driver said they are running more shuttles and, which cut down on the multiple stops.

As for Gold Coast had to wait 6 minutes or be charged early arrival and I have comped rooms. So I waited the 6 minutes. Premium king 9th floor partial north strip view. Clean and to be honest not too bad very nice bed the mattress has to be new because it is so comfortable with no sag.

As for the gambling not bad had some moderate hits nothing special, lets put it this way I won more today in 3 hours of gambling than I have the previous 2 visits to the Meadows near Pittsburgh. So out of the blue I bet a harness race $1.00 trifecta wheel at Mohegan Sun, my horses came in paying $118.50. I know I will be hitting the sports book over the coming days. Got to bet the ponies.

Updates maybe posted lets see how it goes.

P

• Like Like x 4
  2. NittyOne

NittyOne Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like your style, need to get more into the ponies, nice hit.

I think I’m done with the shuttle, would rather uber for a few more bucks.

3. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shuttle is a gamble that I quit taking. You got lucky on that gamble with only one stop before yours. So it was worth $11, but if they made 3 or 4 or 5 stops before yours -- you would not enjoy it.