1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Data breach at MGM Resorts in July 2019?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sunshine54, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunshine54

sunshine54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the information that my data was stolen or hacked at mgm resorts on july 2019. Is anyone affected, too?

Affected should be my name and my phone number, not my credit card informations.

2. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at an MGM property in July. My credit card company and an independent credit monitoring service both notified me 19 August that my email was on the dark web and passwords for two sites were compromised. (I used the MLife Master Card to secure my comped room.)

One of the passwords I had used but changed long ago. The second I had never used.

Then 20 August I got a call that informed me I would be charged $399 in 48 hours for a web security service I don't use unless I called a specific number. I ignored that call. Nothing happened but I changed my a number of passwords anyway. No charges were made.

Maybe there is some connection.

3. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately there is not lots of security when using a public network such as the hotel ones in Vegas.

It could be possible some one was up to no good during that period indeed! I'm not sure at what level the risk is weather you can avoid this by not accessing your bank accounts etc whilst connected to this network or weather the vulnerability is there due to cache and history already save on devices. Would be interested if someone know!

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since your name and phone number can be found many places already, does not look like a big deal. Changing passwords would be a good preventative step. (one that I am in the process of doing, but with a couple hundred online accounts of various types, it is a slow process.)

5. DsqrdDGD909

DsqrdDGD909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple hundred. That's a lot.

Trip 3
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    30 credit cards
    various shopping sites
    lots of airline, rental car, hotel sites (get good discounts)
    cable, cell, insurance, various utilties, hulu, netflix
    various doctors, health plan
    SS, VA

You would be surprised how quickly this online stuff adds up. I have an excel spreasheet that reaches over 300 lines.

• Wow! Wow! x 3
  7. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should use something like 1Password or LastPass.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.