1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dancing downtown

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by jsunsports, Feb 12, 2017.

1. jsunsports

jsunsports Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are couple in our early 50s looking for a bar or club downtown that has dancing for the older crowd. Were not into country music. Does anyone have any good places to hit?
    Thanks

2. paperposter

paperposter Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not really
    there might something at the golden nugget not sure
    but if your stuck on the older crowd term. your probaly out of luck

you will have to flexibale on your music taste for anything in vegas now if your 50 especialy as theres not much downtown but much more on the strip like carnival court or the paris bar or stuff like that.

all reall clubs are geard to the millenals but rember age is only a number plenty off people older than u go

3. jsunsports

jsunsports Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. We did try and liked the carnival court but was hoping there was a place downtown.

4. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

What about Wonderboogie at the Plaza? They're there almost every Thursday/Friday/Saturday, check out their Facebook page. Great band!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do most of my downtown dancing out on FSE. Either to the light show, random music or by one of the stages with the band o' the night.

There might be a bar with a dance floor on Fremont East but I am not sure and couldn't find a thread here already with that info in my quick search.

6. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am comfortable shaking my money maker anywhere!
    So if you see a dude groovin' by a Fremont stage while holding his teaching license, it's me! :D

RICHARD

7. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm agreeing with Sonja: the best dancing downtown is done on Fremont Street itself. We are 50++ and I had an absolute blast "dancing" to the music of the stage bands downtown. It wouldn't have bothered me a bit to have done more actual dancing than the "dancing" that I did (because on Fremont Street you can feel comfortable doing your own/any ol' thing), but Ace ain't no dancer. And even so, I caught him waving his arms in the air quite a few times.....:D

8. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold Diggers @ Golden Nugget had decent dancing, crowd variety was young and old, however, the night I was there last August the music was tailored more towards dance/hip-hop, which isn't everyone's cup of tea