1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

D and Golden Gate - One card but to what extent?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mwig, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grockford

grockford Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that may have been an email offer they sent out to all club members as my buddy who had a grand total of $63 coin-in for 2019 received the same email. They are running an ad on their website with the same 20%-30% sale. Did you check your account online to see if you received your March-April offers yet? Like others on here, mine showed up some time today.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. wildfoodie

wildfoodie MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Speaking of offers, I signed up for the Club One card at the D and gambled there the last full week of December 2019 with the goal of seeding. I only played 15 minutes of table craps, 10 minutes of the Sinbad slot machine, and 30-40 minutes of the electronic Shoot to Win craps and lost a total of about $1200 with about $5000 coin-in total.

I keep checking my online account hoping for an offer, but nothing. Do you think I'll receive one or should I have played more slots and/or video poker to get the offers rolling? I'm already eager to return to downtown Las Vegas with the hopes of seeding the D, Four Queens, and El Cortez.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ThePicksHub

ThePicksHub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It took a few months for me to see offers after playing there.

At a minimum, you'll get a BOGO offer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ThePicksHub

ThePicksHub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah my offers have declined significantly. I went from 3 comped nights to BOGO. Didn't even use any free nights or food credits/freeplay there.

I still get two nights at Cal-Main Street after low playing them on my most recent trip.

5. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been on the slow decline over the last three years, but my play decreased as well. While I do spend a decent amount at GG - my offers never rise. My D offer dropped from 4 nights to 2 and chopped off another $5 on the fp, but dining stayed steady. I think they are reevaluating their players knowing full well there won't be a shortage of us when Circa opens. I'm okay with the culling, but if I up my play - I better see some upward movement in my offers (I'm looking right at you Derek Stevens)!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Philonous815

Philonous815 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know if using room nights from the D offer at the GG suite counts as a gaming day at the D? Intuitively that would make sense, since the offer is from the D. But I would just like to confirm.

7. ThePicksHub

ThePicksHub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that's what I thought as well when my offers regressed. At least initially, Circa will likely act like a Strip hotel with respects to comps unfortunately. If the gambling conditions resemble the Strip that's when I will start shaking my head.

On another note, I got a hotel rate offer from the Golden Gate. I've never played a dime there or gotten an offer in the past, so they might be in the progress of merging play between the D/GG/Circa.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. eliza

eliza VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be fair, my April D offer just loaded and is 4 nights/$85F&B/$75FP/$100MP which is just slightly below what I was getting in 2019 4 nights/$100F&B/$75FP/$100MP.

GG offers have stayed consistent at 4 nights/$25F&B/$100FP]

• Like Like x 1
  9. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cant even log into one club for offers for some reason.
    Tried the forgot password, never got the e-mail.
    Called and left a message w GG host, no reply.
    Guess I'll see what the players desk can do in two weeks.... :mad:

Sounds like all around offers are drying up a little.

most recent email offers were 30% off two nights by Jan 16 (o_O)
    and a 3 day comped Feb slot tournament.
    Our play probably slowed up a little recently.

Used to (IIRC) consistently catch 4 nights at either GG/D, $50 FP, $25 FC.
    (correction, still have those for Jan/Feb)
    also, don't know if people are quoting printed offers or "per period", which are 2-4x ?, split on the the 15th (great if you are there during that time and can claim both)

and offers did seem to lean to GG where we played more,
    super weak at D where we'd poke a little once in a while.
    (like $5 FP/? MP I would actually do which probably killed ADT)
    (also think I did a point comp purchase @ D with low play too last trip)

maybe if no one bites on the weak offers they might improve,..?:confused:
    If they don't want me there that bad I'll save my circa push for the back half of the year then.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  10. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the same GG offer as you and it also remained unchanged.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure this is right...Circa needs to build a player base plus he needs to still fill the D and GG. Others downtown may wish to protect their players. I generally think Circa opening up may be short-term good for downtown players from a promotional standpoint.

12. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sadly, I have never been able to view my online offers.
    I have tried several times with the players club to get it set up correctly.

13. oldbrewzer

oldbrewzer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are the exact offers I received Monday. Offers are for March and April, nothing for May yet. The interesting and alarming issue is that my wife, who has for months been getting the exact same offer as me, has not received any offers. We're hoping they will show up shortly but given some of the responses above we are getting a little nervous. She did hit a couple progressive Royals the last 2 trips so I hope that is not affecting her offers.

14. Elizakess

Elizakess Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding from an ex host is at the GG there is a huge gap between 100 divided into two freeplay and the next level where one gets personal attention. I had increased my play substantially and no change. I asked what I needed to get more and was told 3000 adt. While I’m not sure what that means entirely, I didn’t like that lack of increase contributing to me leaving. Because I used our local address here not knowing better I got classified as a local. I’ve been there since the Brandenburg years lol.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone who generates $3000 of theo per gaming day needs to be taking that action to Cosmo, V/P, Wynncore, Aria (where I would expect one to also be getting a complimentary tee time at Shadow Creek).

Might you have meant $3000 of daily slot coin-in?

16. Elizakess

Elizakess Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Attached Files:

17. eliza

eliza VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Erm. I'm wondering if your host is the same as mine. Who quoted me a $3,500 per trip loss for a comped hockey ticket. Which is seriously out of line with what I've heard both from folks on this board and some players I met at the bar that ended up at the Pens game with me.

18. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IIRC I had heard from our no longer there GG host that $3k loss was around where you could hope for any kind of back end comp.
    (coming from a low drop in theo player)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  19. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was offered a comp hockey ticket recently. I had one day where my coin in got up to $12k vs my normal $10k per day. Keep in mind that I play nothing but 8/5 BP there so my ADT is never greater than $80-$100 if they are using real numbers. They might throw around ADT but I'm close to 100% sure that coin in matters most when it comes to marketing offers. That said, discretionary comps from a host are a different ballgame and held to a different standard. I think a host will tell you what they look at. We are used to seeing what comes out of marketing which has nothing to do with the host office.

There was another thread recently where a 4Q's host gave an outrageous (to me) number of points to get a comped room. I think that is the same scenario. Back end comp from a host is just a different animal from a mailed offer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hundley Fan

Hundley Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dreaded hearing the news of the merge to The One card. I had monthly room, FP, and food comp offers from GG, but offers from The D were sporadic. On my first night in town, I would always use my monthly GG food comp to eat dinner at Bay City Diner, later Du-Par's.

Sure enough, my GG comps stopped after the merge. That was then, this is now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.