1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

cut vs Delmonico's

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Timberwolf, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timberwolf

Timberwolf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading out to Vegas in just over a week and looking at these 2 steakhouses. Cut at Palazzo and Delmonico's at Venetian.

Would like to do both but good chance we only do one of them.
    Which is the one to go to? Also any suggestions on apps/steaks/desserts would be great!

Also considered Prime at Bellagio, but saving that for the fall when we actually stay at Bellagio.

Thanks guys!

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are great choices. Main difference will be in vibe.

Delmonico will feel more "classic". Bright, classy, a quintessential high end steakhouse.

CUT feels more modern. Not noisy like GR steak, just darker, with more modern style and dishes, and vibe.

Its been so long since I was at Delmonico that I will avoid most menu recommendations, other than the signature Bone in ribeye, of course. At CUT I really enjoyed the maple glazed pork belly as an appetizer.

3. Timberwolf

Timberwolf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff thanks! Im leaning Cut but im hoping to do both.

Any other steakhouse recommemdations im missing?

4. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like both but CUT has an edge because I prefer the atmosphere.
    Delmonico's I like the Chateaubriand for 2 which includes your sides and Banana Cream Pie for desert. It's a lot of food with the complimentary bread that we usually don't get an appetizer.
    CUT I am a filet guy so that's my go to done medium with a side of Mac and Cheese. The pretzel bread and onion focaccia that they serve complimentary is the bomb. I don't recommend the lobster at CUT...it doesn't come close to Joes but the rest is top shelf with flawless service.

5. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like both but Delmonico is the one we keep returning to. Flawless service, impeccable food and the best whisk(e)y selection in the country.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, of those I tried there was only 1 I didn't like, lol.

Best not mentioned so far: SW Steakhouse.

Best bang for buck: Cut of the week at Charlie Palmer. This place also ties with SW for best service I've gotten.

Others worth trying:

Carnevino :
    strikes against: most famous for their ultra aged riserva steak, which some love and some hate. I have not tried it. I got a Filet there, and it was a little underseasoned.
    must have dish: Mascarpone and Guanciale Mashed Potatoes as a side

Gordon Ramsey Steak:
    Strikes against: somewhat noisy atmosphere and polarizing decor. Good place for a more casual solo meal in the bar
    must have dish: Sticky Toffee Pudding.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Timberwolf

Timberwolf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes SW is on my go to list, but not this trip. Going back to Vegas in the fall and will make a point of trying SW then.

Whats the word on Prime at Bellagio? Another one im looking at for the fall.

8. Timberwolf

Timberwolf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Sounds like you can't go wrong!!

9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's on my to do list. For some reason it keeps coming up second priority but I've never heard a bad word about it.

10. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten at both recently and my husband and I both preferred CUT. I like the way they season my steak better and I love my sides. I always get the same things though. The bread selection at CUT is awesome. I have gotten the really expensive cuts of meat there but my favorite is the bone in ribeye. The onion rings I am addicted to as they are thin and crisp and just yummy. The creamed spinach is delicious. I always get the crab Louie I think it's called as an appetizer. It's chopped pieces of crab and shrimp with a really nice acidity. It suits my taste for an appetizer as when I'm having an expensive steak, I try to avoid heavy sides like pasta or potato. The service for us has always been impeccable at CUT and much better than Delmonicos service.

11. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to both multiple times and both are very good. My experience that cut has more of a char on the steaks than Delmonico. I personally prefer Delmonico but you can really mess this decision up.

12. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime probably has the best atmosphere. Steaks are absolutely awesome, second only to SW IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.