1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CSA car rental insurance?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dmr, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Say, has anyone ever used these folks?

Sounds like it may be a good alternative to the high-pressure LDW and the spotty credit card coverage. $9 per day may be worth it for peace of mind.

Surf here for info:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/rental-car-insurance/

Any comments?

2. motownbob

motownbob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    car Insurance

Certain credit cards cover accidents and loss of use . My Total rewards Visa , for example , covers ;

Physical Damage and /or theft
    Valid loss of use charges
    Reasonable and customary towing charges . I know that the American Express card that I had did not cover loss of use .
    Bob

3. Kcitsme

Kcitsme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use my American Express card when renting and I signed up for their Premium Car Rental Insurance. You enroll your American Express card and you are only charged when renting a car.

Below information was copied from their web site:

KEY FEATURES

One flat rate of $24.95 per rental period, not per day ($17.95 for California Residents)
    Coverage is primary for theft and damage to a Rental Car. You won't have to first file a claim with your personal insurance company which can help reduce the risk of having your personal auto insurance premiums increase*.
    There are no deductibles.
    There is no cost to enroll and your Card will automatically be billed a premium when a Card on your account(s) is used to pay for a car rental until your enrollment is terminated.

PROTECTION

Coverage is worldwide, except for vehicles rented in Australia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, and New Zealand**.
    Coverage is for up to 42 consecutive days (up to 30 consecutive days for Washington State Card Members).
    Coverage automatically extends to your other eligible Accounts when you enroll one of your American Express Card Accounts (e.g. excludes Corporate Cards).
    Covers most vehicles typically available from a Rental Company.

COVERAGE

Up to $100,000 of primary coverage for damage or theft of a Rental Car.
    Up to $100,000 of Accidental Death or Dismemberment coverage ($250,000 for California Residents)***.
    Up to $15,000 for excess medical expenses per person.
    Up to $5,000 for excess personal property coverage ($15,000 for Florida Residents).
    Note: Liability is not included

https://www295.americanexpress.com/premium/car-rental-insurance-coverage/home.do

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.