1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Crown and Anchor

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by meccie, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought their fish and chips were terrible. The ones I had were all batter, with very little fish. When I bit into it, the hot water, or oil, or whatever, ran out, so I think they were frozen. Chips were soggy. I am used to getting pretty good fish and chips here in Seattle, so maybe I am spoiled.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seattle IS a GREAT place for fish & chips, but I wonder if you're sure you were here for theirs? The fish & chips are one very large piece of fish and it's hard for me to imagine anyone thinking it was small or "all batter". Their chips are the large steak fries, which I suppose could get soft if not served immediately... but small fish? Not here...

3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Crown and Anchor isn't even remotely British and definitely not worth walking to, even if you are across the street. Don't bother, you will only end up disappointed, sweaty and tired.

4. TURKEY

TURKEY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After further review, you're probably right.

I was way off base ranking this pub in the top ten.

5. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, it was the Crown and Anchor on Tropicana. I did the lunch special, where I gambled and they bought lunch. I liked the atmosphere, and 2 of us both came out ahead on video poker, even after tipping very very well, plus got free lunch including beer. I was just really disappointed in the quality of their fish and chips. My friend had some sort of meat pie that he said was good though, so I would go back, I just wouldnt order fish and chips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.