1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Creepy contractors

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jul 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've done that - made an other-than-bottom-line - decision for who we give access to the ranch. Nothing wrong with that. Something to be said for "the gut feel".

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On a related topic, we live in a semi-rural area and handymen and good workers are scarce. Luckily, our next-door neighbor who became a friend was an amazing carpenter and worker. Sadly, we found his body last October.

For some reason, ex-cons have started labor businesses locally. One shady character failed, but the one who has lasted hires guys out of prison, some of whom you would call the cops on if they were hanging around. I've heard that if they screw up (drugs, theft, etc.), he doesn't tell their probation officers, he beats the crap out of them. He's big and mean enough to do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your instincts go off, listen, (especially if it's BOTH of you) and go with someone else. ("The Gift of Fear" is an interesting read, and speaks to moments like this.)

Instincts never tell you WHAT you're picking up on, but you're picking up on something, and it's not good. (Maybe he's not dangerous/creepy, maybe he just cuts corners. Maybe he was just in a bad mood and you picked up on it.)

In my experience, pretty much everytime my instincts go off and I ignore them, I'm kicking myself later. Go with someone else.

Just my 1.5 cents.

First MGM stay...I keep hearing the Jeopardy! timer in my head!
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    like you also here in NC, getting more than 1 bid is almost a pipe dream. and forget about getting people to communicate in a reasonable time frame.

attending raiders 2nd home game, so dates tbd
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.