1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Credit card I used to book hotel was canceled. Do I need to do anything?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by dfalk, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few weeks ago I booked my room at the Flamingo, it was 4 nights comped and all I had to pay was around $130 in resort fees/taxes. I entered my credit card info but nothing was charged to it.

Today I get a call from the Total Rewards Visa bank saying there's been some fraudulent activity on my card (some asshole tried to charge $600 in airline tickets on Spirit). Once I confirmed it wasn't me she cancelled that card and said a new one is on the way.

Now do I need to do anything with my hotel reservations linked to that card. I don't want to get to Vegas and have them tell me I don't have a room since I booked with a cancelled card.

Also if you bet/gamble online do not use 5dimes. I am 99.9% sure they either sold my information or got hacked and thats how my card got compromised.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just tell them you want to use a different card at check in. There shouldn't be any problem.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't care what card you use. I've heard MANY guys chirp about 5Dimes and getting their card stolen, too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well shit! My suspicions are pretty much confirmed...back in January I had someone try to charge about $4000 worth of shit to two cards. One of my thoughts was 5Dimes but I'd also used both recently on iTunes and other sites.

I called 5D and told them though since I'd used the cards. As much as I liked having some money on the books to bet with I never kept too much because of the hassle of cashing out. After this happened I cashed what I had and won't use them any longer.

As for the reservation it doesn't matter. I've used one card to hold the reservation and then given them another upon arrival and it was fine.

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to call and asked to have another card associated with the reservation. I have run into a few hotels recently that I will actually see a pre-authorization for the room rate early in the morning on my arrival date. Well before I even get there. I'm not sure if they would do that on a comp room but it wouldn't hurt to be safe

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RaceFanRay

RaceFanRay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used dif cards at check in at Bally's than I used to book comp rooms thru Total Rewards website no prob they don't run or charge until checkout.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It all depends on the hotel. Some hotels actually charge your first night to your cc so if they tried to do so after your card was deactivated then you would have a problem. As others have mentioned, some hotels even do a pre-authorization to your card so it all depends on what their procedure is if your card comes back cancelled, whether they would cancel your reservation or what.

Just to be on the safe side I would recommend you call the Flamingo and give them a new valid card number. You don't want to find out when you get there that there is a problem with your reservation. It is not a good feeling to get there and find out you have no reservation.

8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your first night will have already been charged when you made the reservation so you should be ok but I agree, just call them and give them the new card number. One less thing to think about as you get ready to roll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.